• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@spiermackay are you guys still doing inventory or did the cotton linen trousers really sell out that quick in most contemporary sizes? It seemed like there were a ton available a few days ago, and now almost none

SteveMc

Reaction score

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Anyone ever had a no-canvas, unlined sport coat done up through MTO? Its a fine line between casual summer suit and retro workwear, so would like to hear from someone's experience.

@spiermackay any chance such a jacket would be machine washable?

The fabric has to be machine washable first. Any wool would be a no go.

Also, for unstructured to be any good, the fabric itself should have good body. The Drago Wool/Linen is a good cloth to try it in.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@spiermackay are you guys still doing inventory or did the cotton linen trousers really sell out that quick in most contemporary sizes? It seemed like there were a ton available a few days ago, and now almost none

They are finishing the contemporary inventory today.

conak

Reaction score
The fabric has to be machine washable first. Any wool would be a no go.

Also, for unstructured to be any good, the fabric itself should have good body. The Drago Wool/Linen is a good cloth to try it in.

Ah, my mistake, I've been in 90+ degree weather for over a week so I've forgotten wool exists... I did mean in a cotton. How do you think the Quest would hold up as an unstructured jacket getting washed on gentle cycle? I have a few older machine-washable summer suits that are unlined (but full canvas) that are great in the heat but it's impossible to find replacements, and I'd prefer them in SM neo cut.

cr2596

Reaction score
lol....very glad this came up. I use the fly on my trousers, which then logic leads to using the fly on the underwear.

I recognize I'm in the extreme minority of this topic.
See, I open the fly of my pants and pull down the waistband of my briefs. Unless the inner button closure is too far to the left, that is. At that point, it feels like a maze and the trousers come undone.

Reaction score
100% agree here. Belt/waistband does not need to be undone. Unzip the fly, then use the underwear fly. I wouldn't buy a pair of underwear that was flyless.

Totally agree with this - why would you want do undo your belt, untuck your shirt, pull down the waistband, and then have to retuck everything?

I get it if you're not tucking in your shirt, but otherwise I really don't understand why you'd buy no fly underwear.

All of my underwear is horizontal fly at this point. No more mazes for me.

Rafsan

Reaction score
Can anyone provide some sizing advice on SM shoes? Has there been consensus on sizing up/down or going TTS?

christophernorman

Reaction score
@spiermackay Hello, just received two pairs of the slim fit linen trousers. Wondering how these break-in? I have several pairs of the slim fit and slim fit high rise in wool and the fit is great. As soon as I put on the linen trousers, first thought was too tight. Does the fabric give any over time? Right now I'm thinking I need to switch to the contemporary fit for the linens.

SmoothLefty

Reaction score
For an MTO summer sport coat (linen, seersucker, etc.), thoughts on going quarter lined vs unlined?

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@spiermackay Hello, just received two pairs of the slim fit linen trousers. Wondering how these break-in? I have several pairs of the slim fit and slim fit high rise in wool and the fit is great. As soon as I put on the linen trousers, first thought was too tight. Does the fabric give any over time? Right now I'm thinking I need to switch to the contemporary fit for the linens.

Did you get the high rise?

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not looking forward to the inevitable "does anyone have fit pics of the S&M underwear" posts.

Also, curious if they will be called S&M underwear. It may attract a different kind of clientele for you guys.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads