• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Should we do Side Tabs or Belt Loops on High-Rise Moleskin Trousers?

• Side Tabs

Votes: 124 70.9%
  • Belt Loops

Votes: 51 29.1%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol....very glad this came up. I use the fly on my trousers, which then logic leads to using the fly on the underwear.

I recognize I'm in the extreme minority of this topic.
100% agree here. Belt/waistband does not need to be undone. Unzip the fly, then use the underwear fly. I wouldn't buy a pair of underwear that was flyless.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The collar is big and beautiful, but depends on the size. We may scale them down on the XS and S. It's based on the same collar we use on the Purple Label button downs.

The size chart of the LS and SS are different, not hiding anything there. You can see the SS is wider and shorter in the body from the chart.
Please do scale them down on the XS

Bidouleroux

Reaction score
To use. Does anyone actually use the fly? How difficult is it to simply pull down from the band? The ones we're making are flyless.
The fact that anyone wouldn't want to use a fly on their underwear probably shows that the typical sideways fly is a bad design. It doesn't really make it easier than pulling down the band. Same with a buttoned fly. However, a horizontal fly is basically the same motion as pulling down the band, except you don't have to fight against the elastic and you don't have to reposition the band on your waist once you're done. Win-win.

conak

Reaction score
Anyone ever had a no-canvas, unlined sport coat done up through MTO? Its a fine line between casual summer suit and retro workwear, so would like to hear from someone's experience.

@spiermackay any chance such a jacket would be machine washable?

SteveMc

Reaction score
I don't get the horizontal pouch. Seems like more work than necessary. Ours will actually have a comfort pouch with more room for the boys and lined in a bamboo mesh. Bamboo is incredibly comfortable and has natural anti-bacterial properties.

Hoping you'll offer them also in a short version (trunks).

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Anyone ever had a no-canvas, unlined sport coat done up through MTO? Its a fine line between casual summer suit and retro workwear, so would like to hear from someone's experience.

@spiermackay any chance such a jacket would be machine washable?
The fabric has to be machine washable first. Any wool would be a no go.

Also, for unstructured to be any good, the fabric itself should have good body. The Drago Wool/Linen is a good cloth to try it in.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@spiermackay are you guys still doing inventory or did the cotton linen trousers really sell out that quick in most contemporary sizes? It seemed like there were a ton available a few days ago, and now almost none
They are finishing the contemporary inventory today.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Summer Loafers: With or Without Socks?

• With socks

• No socks

Results are only viewable after voting.