• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

wildcat10

Reaction score
Crazy, I ordered trousers last Friday (3:45pm EST) with no hemming, and they still haven’t shipped. I know S&M has a small dispatch team, but Man I wish they would ship quicker, the 1+ week turnaround times can be painful.

In the past I have also experienced times of up to 1 week for shipments of orders without any hemming.

Such quick turnaround, plus experience of others, makes me worried they didn't do the hemming :confused:

I hope I just got lucky

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FYI regarding trouser tailoring turnaround.

I ordered 3 trousers with tailoring service on Friday Feb 19th, and I just received a shipping notification today Feb 25th.

I hope they all come with the correct length of hem/cuffs I requested

?
When I ordered during the suit liquidation, my trousers shipped in 1 week after ordering and were hemmed correctly as asked. Should be fine

JayDee90

Reaction score
For me personally, if I liked the item enough to purchase just 7 days ago, I don't think it is that big of a deal to wait a few extra days. As you can imagine, their team is likely dealing with an increase in online orders given the their physical stores have also been closed with the lockdown. I am obviously still eager to receive my order but the whole instant gratification is a little crazy these days.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FYI regarding trouser tailoring turnaround.

I ordered 3 trousers with tailoring service on Friday Feb 19th, and I just received a shipping notification today Feb 25th.

I hope they all come with the correct length of hem/cuffs I requested

?
6 days for hemming, not bad. I have received 3 hemmed trousers. Took a week. All 3, 2 of which had cuffs, turned out great. At $8,its a No Brainer

wildcat10

Reaction score
For me personally, if I liked the item enough to purchase just 7 days ago, I don't think it is that big of a deal to wait a few extra days. As you can imagine, their team is likely dealing with an increase in online orders given the their physical stores have also been closed with the lockdown. I am obviously still eager to receive my order but the whole instant gratification is a little crazy these days.

I agree, I don't mind the wait at all.

6 days for hemming, not bad. I have received 3 hemmed trousers. Took a week. All 3, 2 of which had cuffs, turned out great. At $8,its a No Brainer

Yeah for sure, if it's 6 days for hemming, it's actually less time than it would take me to take the time to go to the tailor, drop them off, wait, and pick them up, so at $8 it's a bargain on both money and time.

SartorialSpyker

Reaction score
No doubt that the wait is longer due to less staff (lower costs, cheaper product etc.), I guess I'm so used to being spoiled by overnight logistics that the total 2 week wait seems long in comparison, especially when all there is to do these days is refresh the tracking :bounce2:

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can you explain what you are talking about? I don't see any new sales on the site.

Both of these Was $319

Seersucker SM.jpg

Wheat SM.jpg

Sleeper (Drago) $149
Lite Blue Brown.jpg

Where are you going to get SC $199 - $149

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Opinions on this piece? Initially, I thought 'to much texture/mottling' which would render it too casual for me, but the more I'm looking at it, the more I'm liking the colour/shade. I can see it working perfectly with light and mid grey trousers and bordeaux/oxblood coloured shoes.

Last edited:

Imperatores

Reaction score
Opinions on this piece? Initially, I thought 'to much texture/mottling' which would render it too casual for me, but the more I'm looking at it, the more I'm liking the colour/shade. I can see it working perfectly with light and mid grey trousers and bordeaux/oxblood coloured shoes.

I think it looks great. Definitely a more casual piece, but not so casual that it loses the incredible versatility of a textured navy/blue jacket. I much prefer this color shade over some of the bright navy hopsacks they've done in the past, for instance. I'd almost certainly buy it if I didn't already own the E.Thomas wool/silk/linen/cashmere hopsack. As far as the texture goes, I'd say it has a very similar level of formality to most wool-slik-linen blends.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it looks great. Definitely a more casual piece, but not so casual that it loses the incredible versatility of a textured navy/blue jacket. I much prefer this color shade over some of the bright navy hopsacks they've done in the past, for instance. I'd almost certainly buy it if I didn't already own the E.Thomas wool/silk/linen/cashmere hopsack. As far as the texture goes, I'd say it has a very similar level of formality to most wool-slik-linen blends.
Thanks for your insight, appreciate it. I love navy jackets, have several. As for the E. Thomas jacket, I have it as well. But this one seems to be more indigo/ink blue. I think it's more memorable/striking than your everyday navy jacket. Decisions, decisions...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads