• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like some new suits were added, including a VBC Covert Suit ?
Also, I am on mobile, but I am seeing a “Get $20 off” at the top and when clicked it shows the referral program. Is it back??

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like some new suits were added, including a VBC Covert Suit ?
Also, I am on mobile, but I am seeing a “Get $20 off” at the top and when clicked it shows the referral program. Is it back??
Seems like it, yes.

Bidouleroux

Reaction score
Covert twill for pants, cool. For a jacket? Nope.

You know nothing, Jon Snow. ?

More seriously though, herringbone and houndstooth and fuzzy multicolor plaid tweeds are awesome for jackets yet covert is too much? I don't get it.

I would've liked a more interesting color than charcoal for sure but I guess things like olive green don't sell half as well.

norMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Me trying to emulate the America aesthetic of a british brand in an italian inspired canadian sport coat.

IMG_20201026_214343.jpg

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I always appreciate people sharing fit pics and details ab new products. I wanted a cardigan and was going to buy the Scott and Charters one, but thought - with the price - I’d give this a shot first

excuse the sweatpants but I don’t wear real pants anymore :)

very soft. I have no issue w the buttons. Stop being so picky. This is a size S. I am about 5’9” and no clue how much I weigh. I typically am a US M, size 32 waist

Am definitely a fan and am keeping

View attachment 1484939 View attachment 1484941
What color is the cardigan.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you have any links or examples?

not for me either but according to the link, the cloth was originally made for coat so it’s not that far to make it into jacket

And

chocsosa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks awesome. Would you mind sharing what fabric that is and initial thoughts?

No problem.. My first foray into suiting with them was the navy suit I purchased back in the summer.. It had all the right things I was looking for except the jacket and the rise on the pants were too short. I am 6"8.5/6"9, so those factors are extremely important to me.. I was not going to purchase from them any further, but then researched the MTO option and found it to be the most viable option.. I usually thrift my clothing. But on the NWT option, because of my inseam and arm length (I need about 41 inches on the inseam for a 2-inch cuff) and 29 inches in sleeve length, it becomes cumbersome to find something that fits.. so I usually purchase RTW full canvass suits north of $1k just to get all the length possible..S&M'S full canvass option ran from $600-900, so that proved to be cost-efficient.. I picked a basic navy fabric.. nothing special and it was their most basic and affordable cloth available..I chose the neo fit and decided to do a three-piece, just because it worked, price was.. I believe with the vest included, the total bill came to $897 with the full canvass option..What I liked about the process was prompt and expeditious communication that seemed to be a cornerstone of their business model. The site only allows you to go up to certain limits (i.e 34 inches on the inseam) and I put in the notes, what I needed, and then emailed shortly after to ensure they understood this and the response was quick, which was awesome. There is definitely some handwork in the suit, which is awesome. On the flip side, I personally think the turn around time could be better (mine clocked in at 9.5 weeks with shipping where my local clotheir offering the same kind of details is clocking in at 7 weeks all the way out in my neck of the woods.. and the measurements were sort of off.. but for a first MTO, this is solid.. a good 7/10.. I believe as I use their services, this 7 will move to 9 or higher... hope this helps..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads