• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Please visit ou very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are posted, including the latest, updated, very comprehensive, Styleforum Black Friday Sales List

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Bidouleroux

Reaction score
I bet it drapes well and will probably last forever, but covert looks too much like denim and the suit borders dangerously on Canadian tuxedo.
Sorry, are you wearing your denim inside out or something?

I bet if it would work if you were that specific kind of ugly that also drops panties, like Steve Buscemi or Alfie Allen or something, but I'm just the regular kind of ugly and had better stick to flannels and tweed.
If you really think covert looks too much like denim I'm afraid even the best flannels and tweeds might not be able to save you.

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bet it drapes well and will probably last forever, but covert looks too much like denim and the suit borders dangerously on Canadian tuxedo. I bet if it would work if you were that specific kind of ugly that also drops panties, like Steve Buscemi or Alfie Allen or something, but I'm just the regular kind of ugly and had better stick to flannels and tweed.
Yea it looks like grey denim which would be cool if blue or indigo as a casual jacket that feels superior to the common cotton denim.

stuffedsuperdud

Reaction score
Sorry, are you wearing your denim inside out or something?

If you really think covert looks too much like denim I'm afraid even the best flannels and tweeds might not be able to save you.
Welp, guess I'm done. Going over to the local Suit Emporium for a black 45% poly affair to wear with belt and suspenders. Matching with my red Van Heusen shirt, black satin tie, and Kenneth Cole slip ons. Might even leave the tag on the sleeve so that everyone knows it's a Joseph Abboud Outlet Special. kthxbai

Yea it looks like grey denim which would be cool if blue or indigo as a casual jacket that feels superior to the common cotton denim.
I saw an old Willis and Geiger blazer like this. Heavy navy covert DB, with bellows pockets, biswing shoulders, half back, and a big single hook vent. Very much a sporting/casual look, with a flair of "I'm going somewhere nicer later." I wouldn't pair it with matching pants though.

Edit: I am not actually against covert jackets anywhere as strongly as this thread is suggesting. I just think it's harder to pull off in the same vein as a corduroy suit, only without cord's comfy connotations.

Last edited:

emiratiAL

Reaction score
Also, here’s a M in the polo sweater. Also keeping.
View attachment 1484955

... edit: after trying this on (size M), there’s no way I would’ve gone for a M in the shawl collar. size down worked perfectly for me
That is a sweet, sweet collar. They really weren't messing about when they said it was a large spread!

Can I ask what size of Sport Coat you wear? I was recommended to order a large, based on the fact I wear a 42 contemporary. I'm probably a little chubbier than you and slightly taller, so hoping a large is correct for me.

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is a sweet, sweet collar. They really weren't messing about when they said it was a large spread!

Can I ask what size of Sport Coat you wear? I was recommended to order a large, based on the fact I wear a 42 contemporary. I'm probably a little chubbier than you and slightly taller, so hoping a large is correct for me.
I’ve lost weight in quarantine so I’m not sure... maybe 38/40? I’d say M for you. But maybe give both a shot if you’re unsure

hamnjam

Reaction score
There have been some questions about fit on the Chunky Cardigan, so I thought I would post my experience as I ordered in both the SMALL and MEDIUM.

I wear 38R contemporary sports coat. I'm 173cm (5 foot 8?) and around 75kg (165lbs?)

Because they are so chunky, I think it's all about preference. The first pic is the MEDIUM and the second is the SMALL. I went with the SMALL.

PXL_20201025_205715474.jpg
PXL_20201025_205821562.jpg

Last edited:

SteveMc

Reaction score
@hamnjam hard to tell which is which...

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios