• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sizing question:

If I am a 38R, what size should I order for the polo coats? Will be layering over sport jacket.

Size one size up to wear over suiting; so 40R.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
solid price

Also factor that it is 100% Merino Wool, not coarse lambswool. You can wear a tshirt under and be comfortable. No scratchiness. Also machine washable. Double collar and placket. We couldn't find anything comparable.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also factor that it is 100% Merino Wool, not coarse lambswool. You can wear a tshirt under and be comfortable. No scratchiness. Also machine washable. Double collar and placket. We couldn't find anything comparable.
This is basically why I held back on buying the Kent Wang ones. A giant, thick cardigan that isn't scratchy and is reasonably priced is exactly what I need.

ptfly

Reaction score
Not cheap to produce. Sweaters are mostly priced by fiber/weight. Not a light item by dozen. Curious what yarn size/ends you ended up with.

Beav

Reaction score
Peacoat: Oatmeal Donegal, Navy, charcoal herringbone

Polo Coat: Brown Herringbone Donegal, Chocolate Donegal, Green Herringbone.

Duffle Coat: Navy

Long Parka (Same as last year) we increased the fill to 320 grams. Navy and Dark Gray

Short Parka - Like an N2B style, but wool shell. Navy and Dark Gray

Padded Vest. Navy and Dark Gray.

Balmacaan: Charcoal Herringbone Donegal. Updated fit and belted. Armhole and sleeve is larger. Rest is same.

Of course or standard SB and DB wool/Cashmere overcoats.

Suede is not confirmed yet. Still working out pricing. But should be $598 USD.
Oh geez I'm going to end up buying a few of these.

For the DB overcoats, what colors are you running? Any chance you're bringing back the green?

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Not cheap. Sweaters are mostly priced by fiber/weight. Not a light item by dozen. Curious what yarn size/ends you ended up with.

No. It's not cheap. But neither is 100% merino wool. It's almost a KG in weight. If you're looking for cheaper, you can go with lambswool. Or cut it with Cotton or a synthetic. But we wanted 100% Merino. Our goal is to be the best value. Not to be the cheapest.

ptfly

Reaction score
No. It's not cheap. But neither is 100% merino wool. It's almost a KG in weight. If you're looking for cheaper, you can go with lambswool. Or cut it with Cotton or a synthetic. But we wanted 100% Merino. Our goal is to be the best value. Not to be the cheapest.
I was backing up the point/value with you that you are not using cheap yarn and the weight of each unit is substantial. Merino treated for home laundry feels very nice, is easy to take care of but comes at a premium. There is not another like it out there like this one. Looking forward to seeing the color range. Will you be using neps plus melange? I also paused on picking up the KW style many times.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I was backing up the point/value with you that you are not using cheap yarn and the weight of each unit is substantial. Merino treated for home laundry feels very nice, is easy to take care of but comes at a premium. There is not another like it out there like this one. Looking forward to seeing the color range. Will you be using neps plus melange? I also paused on picking up the KW style many times.

I was just reiterating to anyone else reading the justification for the price.

These are melange yarn. But not with neps or a donegal look.

The KW are very nice and are also a great value. The difference being the traditional lambswool is a bit coarse.

Be forewarned, these merino ones are very comfortable. Your SO will probably try to steal it.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Oh geez I'm going to end up buying a few of these.

For the DB overcoats, what colors are you running? Any chance you're bringing back the green?

Just camel and navy. With the market as is we wanted to keep these staples neutral. That green was so amazing though.

cyclemanic

Reaction score

Oh man, you had me at machine washable :cheers:

Beav

Reaction score
Just camel and navy. With the market as is we wanted to keep these staples neutral. That green was so amazing though.
Thanks, good to know. Great work on all this outerwear, if you can share any early pictures of that padded vest that would be awesome. I need something like this.

If anyone has a size 42 in the green DB coat from last year and wants to sell it... drop me a note!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads