• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

drfwtx

Reaction score
Gents, it's that time of year. We're working on FW20 - actually I'm behind a bit with placing fabric orders.

So what would you like to see for FW20

Kindly remember not to post pics of products from other forum affiliates!
I’ve been fortunate to grab most of the greatest hits, but I think it would be cool to bring back some back with most updated Neapolitan, such as the first moon gun club tweed from FW17/18. And probably the gun club from the next season too (red overcheck).

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
actually, owning both those jackets (and the brown being my pic actually), they're different.
the brown is actual donegal tweed, though it's not a heavy tweed so it's wearable in only mild winter weather. no herringbone pattern.
the e.thomas navy faux-donegal herringbone is fantastic. soft, beautiful, textured but just looks navy from afar.
Thanks for clarifying. I had the navy but let it go as the fit wasn't spot on. I have something similar from another maker, but not in a cashmere blend. I remember the cloth as being very soft and rich in colour. In any case, I'd love to get my hands on sport coats in those fabrics.

up1911fan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gents, it's that time of year. We're working on FW20 - actually I'm behind a bit with placing fabric orders.

So what would you like to see for FW20

Kindly remember not to post pics of products from other forum affiliates!
Tweed or donegal outerwear would be awesome. I'd like to see them in a car coat (single breasted peacoatish). Also, more polo coats.

Also LS polos again and shawl cardigans.

Last edited:

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How about tweed that isn't actually tweed for sports coats? Worsted check fake tweeds!

I love the look, but frankly it's just too warm in today's overheated indoor buildings for myself.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

M0thBall

Reaction score
Created an SF account solely to throw in my vote for olive chinos.

I've also seen some comments on the Contemporary pant fit. My two cents, the latest round of S&M Contemporary pants fit this recreational squatter about as perfectly as any pants ever have.

Enox

Reaction score
Am i the only one who would like more room in the seat, hip, thigh (quite possible)? The sizing up and tailoring down thing doesnt seem to work for me.
I disagree, I actually think there's too much room. There's only so many body types you can cover with 2 fits.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads