• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Working on a trucker and A1. But really hard to work with a factory for a first order without meeting and can't physically visit at the moment. We do have a great, great man on the ground there though thats acting as our eyes/ears that we fully trust, but as everything has to filter though him, makes things much slower.

Here are a couple of samples. Colours and final details not final. The goat suede is excellent. Very soft and supple.

View attachment 1594193 View attachment 1594194
That trucker is gonna be awesome

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
That trucker is gonna be awesome

I pretty much am making it simply because I've wanted one forever and don't feel like paying $1000+ for a decent quality one in a colour I like. But now I'll end up paying $1000s for development and the bulk purchase so.....fingers crossed a few other guys like it too.

michael1121

Reaction score
I pretty much am making it simply because I've wanted one forever and don't feel like paying $1000+ for a decent quality one in a colour I like. But now I'll end up paying $1000s for development and the bulk purchase so.....fingers crossed a few other guys like it too.
Looks like it's going to be a hit! I think a chocolate brown would be really popular in the A-1 especially if the ribbing isn't a huge contrast.

Jason12

Reaction score
those suede jackets are great esp. the reddish brown A1 jacket. I would like a gray/beige mix colourway myself also. May I suggest adding hand warmer pockets where the larger hip pockets are located? so you can slide your hands in but still use the flap pocket to store valuables

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The field jacket in a deep chocolate brown suede would be so awesome, but a trucker is cool too I guess. Which colors are you thinking?

Field jacket would be cool. Thought about that already, but the bloody development time is a nightmare right now. The A1 and Trucker were started a while back and still not where I want them.

I'm thinking a snuff, chocolate and some sort of mossy green.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Looks like it's going to be a hit! I think a chocolate brown would be really popular in the A-1 especially if the ribbing isn't a huge contrast.

Production rib will be as close match. The pocket flaps would also change to envelope/diamond shape instead of the straight ones now.

apd90700

Reaction score
Okay guys, quick question on collar type.

Wearing without a tie, what's the best collar for stand up and open look? Reading on a necro thread from 2013 on here that button-down is the way to go for the casual open collar look, but even then, with S&M you have many options. Anyone on here have a recommendation? Maybe the "Large Italian Button Down," C22 or C23?
1618536697570.png

Imperatores

Reaction score
Field jacket would be cool. Thought about that already, but the bloody development time is a nightmare right now. The A1 and Trucker were started a while back and still not where I want them.

I'm thinking a snuff, chocolate and some sort of mossy green.

A suede field jacket would be my #1 outerwear request from you guys, so I hope it happens at some point. How long would you expect development to take for something like that during normal times?

Sounds like an excellent color selection. All three of those would be tempting.

Okay guys, quick question on collar type.

Wearing without a tie, what's the best collar for stand up and open look? Reading on a necro thread from 2013 on here that button-down is the way to go for the casual open collar look, but even then, with S&M you have many options. Anyone on here have a recommendation? Maybe the "Italian Button Down," C22 or C23?

A button down is definitely the way to go for that type of look. The classic button down (C3-K) and the italian button down (C22) are both excellent collars, but you should probably go with the classic button down for your first attempt. It's a great collar with beatiful roll without becoming too large. The italian button down can look a bit too large and disproportionate on some guys, and is safer to try out if you want more of a statement collar on subsequent shirts. Those two collars are probably my two favorite collars in my entire shirt wardrobe (the italian spread is equally great when a tie is needed).

apd90700

Reaction score
A button down is definitely the way to go for that type of look. The classic button down (C3-K) and the Italian button down (C22) are both excellent collars, but you should probably go with the classic button down for your first attempt. It's a great collar with beautiful roll without becoming too large. The Italian button down can look a bit too large and disproportionate on some guys, and is safer to try out if you want more of a statement collar on subsequent shirts. Those two collars are probably my two favorite collars in my entire shirt wardrobe (the Italian spread is equally great when a tie is needed).
Is there that much difference between C3 and C22? If so, is it just more emphasized roll on C22?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads