• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Idesofmarch17

Reaction score
Awesome. Any details on its construction or materials ?
Nope. I asked on instagram because I bought the heavy safari jacket last year, but linen safari just doesnt do it for me (even if its the traditional material). What I would love is a chore coat, so I asked on instagram and they said this fall. No further info.

yungchomsky

Reaction score
Is it unusual as of late to get no response from S&M when they screwed up an order?
I contacted them March 31st by email along with pictures of the awful workmanship
of two shirts I received.
Also left them 2 phone messages.

Have gotten no response at all and tomorrow will be one week. This has not been my experience
in the past.

When I had issues with custom shirts a couple months back, my emails didn't get a reply until I tagged SpierTeam on here. At that point they did get back to me and remake the shirts.

wildcat10

Reaction score
Finally picked up my altered trousers that I bought over the last few months. Hoping for at least two more colder days so I can wear the cords and the donegals at least once. Left to right you have the Caramel Corduroy, Rust Donegal, Light Grey fresco, and the Light Brown Guabello.

View attachment 1588545

Tried to snap a pic of it in store today for you, but unfortunately they didn't have a single one in the showroom.
The light grey fresco looks like a light brown in the picture. All beautiful trousers.

Barodon86

Reaction score
Here's a real life shot of the Bottoli blue check I nabbed from the sale section. Beautiful pattern and texture. I'm not sure if I like the fit of size 40 better than 38 on me, but it's pretty similar. Just a little roomier through the chest (which I like) and the waist (which I don't like). Length feels very similar to some 38 jackets I have.
20210406_145427.jpg

20210406_145721.jpg

Well, the latest 20% off sale got me and I bought this Bottoli blue check. I sure don't NEED a new sportcoat, but it's hard to pass up such a low price.
View attachment 1584555
I usually buy 38 contemporary but wanted to try a little more room in the chest and shoulders. So this new one will be size 40.

motorchang

Reaction score
Here's a real life shot of the Bottoli blue check I nabbed from the sale section. Beautiful pattern and texture. I'm not sure if I like the fit of size 40 better than 38 on me, but it's pretty similar. Just a little roomier through the chest (which I like) and the waist (which I don't like). Length feels very similar to some 38 jackets I have.
View attachment 1588647
View attachment 1588651

Looks much brighter than web site photo. Do you agree? I’ve been eyeing on it since last year but kept saying to myself that I’m not in a hurry to add another navy jacket.

NikG

Reaction score
Well just received my caramel corduroy and light brown frescos including hemming. Have to say I’m quite disappointed with the hemming service, a very subpar result. I guess you get what you pay for though.

The light brown Guabello’s are what my tailor here in Australia does for reference and comparison. Needless to say he was also not impressed with them and fortunately for me the S&M “tailors” didn’t cut any of the original length and he’ll be able to fix them.

Trousers themselves are fantastic and no complaints. Quality is top notch as expected from S&M at an unbeatable price. The frescoes are even lighter than expected, but seem to hold a crease reasonably well. The corduroy is a nice weight and should be a good autumn/winter trouser here in Aus.

Attachments

• 842E893C-E9E1-406D-BE88-583B03D9C975.jpeg
    842E893C-E9E1-406D-BE88-583B03D9C975.jpeg
    204.5 KB · Views: 96
  • 462CD7F7-AE33-45F1-8C7F-248C43156C8A.jpeg
    462CD7F7-AE33-45F1-8C7F-248C43156C8A.jpeg
    167 KB · Views: 98
  • 74AA7398-291C-490C-9BB6-0463C3C1DDC3.jpeg
    74AA7398-291C-490C-9BB6-0463C3C1DDC3.jpeg
    202.1 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:

Ebichuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well just received my caramel corduroy and light brown frescos including hemming. Have to say I’m quite disappointed with the hemming service, a very subpar result. I guess you get what you pay for though.

The light brown Guabello’s are what my tailor here in Australia does for reference and comparison. Needless to say he was also not impressed with them and fortunately for me the S&M “tailors” didn’t cut any of the original length and he’ll be able to fix them.

Trousers themselves are fantastic and no complaints. Quality is top notch as expected from S&M at an unbeatable price. The frescoes are even lighter than expected, but seem to hold a crease reasonably well. The corduroy is a nice weight and should be a good autumn/winter trouser here in Aus.
That's just terrible.

conak

Reaction score

This is concerning since I just ordered my first hemmed SM trouser about a week and a half ago. I'm confused by the pictures. You say they didn't cut any of the fabric but the hem appears to have only 1cm of fabric on the corduroy. And the fresco looks like a faux cuff where they cut and reattach fabric. Could you post a pic of the outside leg of those trainwrecks?

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

oof, that's rough.

Only kind of related- the light brown frescoes are great. I saw some comments about how the VBC frescoes were "underwhelming/too light", but in my area, the weight is ideal probably 8 months out of the year. They've become my go-to dress pant.

NikG

Reaction score
This is concerning since I just ordered my first hemmed SM trouser about a week and a half ago. I'm confused by the pictures. You say they didn't cut any of the fabric but the hem appears to have only 1cm of fabric on the corduroy. And the fresco looks like a faux cuff where they cut and reattach fabric. Could you post a pic of the outside leg of those trainwrecks?
I’ve already dropped them off at my tailor and no pics sorry! I’m not entirely sure what a faux cuff is though if you could maybe post a pic. It just appears to be random stitching through middle of it, the ends of the I have no idea what they were thinking. My tailor did my light brown ones by hand, he said that a blind stitch machine like what S&M tailors used is the incorrect way to do these.

Both the pairs of the Botto flannels and the corduroys/frescos say they have a 37” unfinished inseam and are the same high rise cut so assume measurements would be the same. My inseam on all 3 are 32.5” with a 2” cuff. Is it possible my tailor used a faux cuff then? Not sure what benefits/negatives are of it but as you can see my Botto’s look very tidy and professional. Hoping he can replicate that on the butcher job S&M did.

Last edited:

SteveMc

Reaction score
Speaking of frescoes, medium brown in 30 contemporary. I also have the brown (grayish?) from last SS (profile photo) and these year's light brown on the way. My favorite pants hands down: light and airy, hold a crease, and hardly wrinkle.

1617806228797.jpg

dangaa

Reaction score
Can anyone share pics of their hemmed pants with cuffs done through their in-house service?

These pics have me worried and it's probably too late for me to change my order.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads