• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earn a commission for the forum and allow us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear and fashion.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

dangaa

Reaction score

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1 for linen shorts. +10 for a (much) shorter inseam.
What length inseam we talking about here? I just measured my shorts from Uniqlo, They're just about a 9 inch possibly 8.75. Works well

Then I measured my Uniqlo work out shorts which is 7 inch inseam, which ALSO looked good on my 5'10 frame

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What length inseam we talking about here? I just measured my shorts from Uniqlo, They're just about a 9 inch possibly 8.75. Works well

Then I measured my Uniqlo work out shorts which is 7 inch inseam, which ALSO looked good on my 5'10 frame
Ideally 5ish", though that likely wouldn't be widely supported. I think the longest I'd consider tolerable enough to take a chance on would be 7". I feel as though hacking off ~3+" would leave the shorts looking too silly to wear.

SteveMc

Reaction score

Spencerism

Reaction score
Linen High Rise trousers up too.

If anyone's looking to make a complete suit with Cigar Linen trousers, I have a like new and unaltered 42L Cigar Linen sportcoat I'm looking to part with.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’d love to see linen shorts. The current ones feel like the standard fabrics you can get everywhere else...
Same, I'd get some. It's been a while since I've had linen shorts, and those were drawstring/elastic waisted ones (suuuuuper comfy though)
+1 for linen shorts. +10 for a (much) shorter inseam.
Posted this before, but linen shorts are confirmed already for this season per Rick. Should be here end of this month to early May

KPDarb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Checked on the popovers... sizing seems to be at least a size larger than the equivalent button down. Is there an inherent difference in fit with the popover pattern? was going to go same size but might size down.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Checked on the popovers... sizing seems to be at least a size larger than the equivalent button down. Is there an inherent difference in fit with the popover pattern? was going to go same size but might size down.
I have one of the older popovers and went with my standard size. It seems like they were made a little looser to fit over your head but works with the style. I am really tempted to buy both even though I don't need more blue shirts...

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Popover has to be more generously sized so that you can take it off/put it on

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've never owned the S&M ones, but having owned many other popovers, a little extra fabric isn't bad, since the fabric doesn't give/stretch much when pulling it on (like a polo or t shirt).

FWIW, I ordered both.

dapperclassic

Reaction score

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What Is The Best Value Shoe Brand For Money?

• Meermin

Votes: 30 15.7%
  • TLB Mallorca

Votes: 31 16.2%
  • Cheaney

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • Carmina

• Crockett & Jones

• Other

Votes: 63 33.0%