• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
shawl cardigans look good. if i'm reading the size chart right, these run large? i'm a 36S in sportcoats so I would need an XS?
Are you slim or contemporary 36S? I am 36R Slim, and I would recommend taking XS if you want a trim fit, or S if you want a bit of a looser, relaxed fit. Unsure how the length will be on you if you take a short size, although worst case Ontario you can just return/exchange if you aren't satisfied with the fit.

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like vests are now up, doesn't seem to be pre order either

Might order the navy over the grey. But the size guide is confusing. It looks like these are meant to be worn over a jacket? To me, that looks just plain odd. I was looking for something to pair overtop a dress shirt or turtleneck for those casual but quick trips to the car and to the grocery store. By the looks of the size chart, I'm either ordering a Medium or Small instead of my usual Large.

Really need staff input on this one.

conak

Reaction score
Thoughts on the emerald linen suit to wear instead of a tux as the groom for a summer wedding?
I love green suits, but they are always bold because most men don't wear color, especially in formal occasions. As a safe rule, it is poor form to overshadow the bride, so although a suit instead of a tux is perfectly fine given today's informality (most wouldn't even notice) you should stick to more neutral colors. If you want to stand out from the other men at the wedding without stealing attention from the bride then I'd recommend a less common but generally acceptable summer suit color like tan, taupe, brown, or light gray. Of course, if the fiance gives you the OK, you can consider it, but I'd recommend approaching that with the same weight as her giving you the OK to skip her birthday.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Might order the navy over the grey. But the size guide is confusing. It looks like these are meant to be worn over a jacket? To me, that looks just plain odd. I was looking for something to pair overtop a dress shirt or turtleneck for those casual but quick trips to the car and to the grocery store. By the looks of the size chart, I'm either ordering a Medium or Small instead of my usual Large.

Really need staff input on this one.
I ordered a XS last season for the Parka and it seemed to fit fine. I went by the size in brackets relating to the suit jacket size for that, I'd probably do the same for the vests. However, they are always only an email away so definitely recommend doing that first lol

wilcthree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any insights on how long MTO trousers take to produce and arrive? This is a relatively uncomplicated order: single pleat, cuff, high-rise, cuffs, light gray wool fabric.

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ordered a XS last season for the Parka and it seemed to fit fine. I went by the size in brackets relating to the suit jacket size for that, I'd probably do the same for the vests. However, they are always only an email away so definitely recommend doing that first lol

I asked on IG. Got a surprisingly quick reply. Recommended to stick to regular size.

gianm

Reaction score
I already have a light grey/black houndstooth that I have yet to use; however, I'm still drawn to that brown/cream...

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do guys think of the new yellow sweaters? Any ideas on how to pair that color?
Back when I owned a mustard sweater, it worked well with mid-grey trousers, light khaki shades, and also dark green trousers. Shirts I stuck to white and blue, with various patterns and stripes.

I can see it working with navy trousers as well.

ShibuiC

Reaction score
Any insights on how long MTO trousers take to produce and arrive? This is a relatively uncomplicated order: single pleat, cuff, high-rise, cuffs, light gray wool fabric.

My most recent MTO order was in June and it took approximately 4-5 weeks to arrive (live near the store). I didn't receive any update/shipping emails. All things considered, I was impressed with the turnaround.

facetious

Reaction score
Does anyone have intel on the sleeve length of the new chunky cardigans?

I am 6’3, 150lbs, so I need a long sleeve and a trim waist! I see the sleeve length on a medium is 24.8 apparently. Anyone know where that is measured from? If it helps at all my suit jackets have a 25.5 inch sleeve length from the shoulder.

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had no idea there was such a strong opinion on wearing black. I think the first sweater that caught my eye in the latest batch was the black quarter zip. I've always liked wearing black, though admittedly since I've started wearing more S&M I probably don't wear black as often as I did a few years ago. Still something I consider when getting dressed, however I also don't have a traditional or classic style by any means.

There's this one outfit I saw Bradd Pitt in a while back - pretty simple but I thought it worked really well so I've been hoping S&M would come out with a black polo.

View attachment 1472289
There’s nothing wrong with a black polo, I have a long sleeve one from a different maker and I love it. A black suit though? Now that’s a different story.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jodhpur