• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Imperatores

Reaction score
Best thing about the peacoat is flipping up the collar and wearing it open. It's a dope catalogue look.

Yeah, it's great.

The only thing I would change is adding just a bit more room in the sleeves. It's a little tight over a chunky sweater or a sport coat as is. Other than that, both the style and fit is nearly flawless in my opinion.

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve been waiting four years for this...
View attachment 1470139
Is this the Moon fabric they had for MTO in 2018?

Last edited:

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1601698970240.jpeg
This tweed from 2019 is so good. Thanks to @Burzan for the pic. Is it the same as the screenshot @Leanderthal posted above? I don’t go to Instagram, so I depend on the generosity of this thread to see what’s incoming.

Last edited:

Leanderthal

Reaction score

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, it's not. They're from two different seasons. The difference is the colour. One has green in it and the other has navy. This year's iteration seems to be of the same makeup but with red in it instead of green or navy.

I'm in the process of justifying to myself to acquire this year's iteration while already having in possession the version with navy in it. I hope I can convince myself when it drops ?

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, it's not. They're from two different seasons. The difference is the colour. One has green in it and the other has navy. This year's iteration seems to be of the same makeup but with red in it instead of green or navy.

I'm in the process of justifying to myself to acquire this year's iteration while already having in possession the version with navy in it. I hope I can convince myself when it drops ?

It is the exact same fabric. Same fabric code. That Moon gun club has always had rust and green in it.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is the exact same fabric. Same fabric code. That Moon gun club has always had rust and green in it.
Sorry, I was obfuscsting things. I thought one of the references was to Burzan's jacket, which has navy in it. You're correct.

With that being said, there're 3 iterations of this jacket including the one dropping soon.

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I was obfuscsting things. I thought one of the references was to Burzan's jacket, which has navy in it. You're correct.

With that being said, there're 3 iterations of this jacket including the one dropping soon.
Oh right. Yeah last year’s is different.

And yes it is interesting that they’re dropping this gun club at the same time as the brown/beige houndstooth.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So by all these teasers, it probably means @spiermackay has these things with photos taken and in warehouse. So, my guess is most things will be put up within the next couple weeks, and I think that our credit cards will be taking a hit lol

JayDee90

Reaction score
I got the one in black herringbone last year and I love the take on the Peacoat. Dressy, but easily able to be dressed down. Although the fabric from last year was a bit more interesting with the donegal flecks, so glad I grabbed that one.

Yes, looks like a Merino Wool Long Sleeve Polo, got one last FW from John Henric and loved it.

Last year with my Merino LS Polo, I wore it by itself as a base layer over a t shirt/undershirt, or over a button down shirt. Almost same thing as a crew neck sweater style wise I'd say.

Yes, I grabbed one of the old LS Polo's as it was on clearance. Fits me very well in the S, but could do with another 1" in the chest and smaller cuff circumference. The material is definitely stiff, but this looks like merino wool and you'll love it! Although, thinner than the cotton pique counterpart
So, two 2 sets of collars? (LS polo over a button down?)

MacGuffen

Reaction score
An update on the base sizes for MTO. Customer service provided me with the following base measurements for the different sizes. Bold measurements are not adjustable:

37 Contemporary:
Chest: 41

Waist: 36.6
Bottom: 43 (Hip)
Shoulder: 17.5
Length: 29.3
Sleeve Length: 24.6

38 Slim:
Chest: 41

Waist: 36.2
Bottom: 42.5 (Hip)
Shoulder: 17.7
Length: 29.3
Sleeve Length: 24.8

38 Contemporary - Long
Chest : 41.8

Waist : 37.4
Bottom: 43.8
Back Length: 30.5
Sleeve Length: 25.8

38 Contemporary:
Chest : 41.8

Waist : 37.4
Bottom: 43.8
Back Length: 29.5
Sleeve Length: 24.8

Armhole and lapel size will also change between sizes, but I was not given measurements for this.
The factory couldn't provide the armhole size because patterns only have straight armhole size in the computer (not sure what this means).

My conclusion is therefore that have to choose your MTO base size based on
1. Chest size
2. Hip size
3. Armhole size
4. Lapel size

I only wish I could choose 41.8 inch chest (38 cont) together 42.5 inch hips (38 slim).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads