• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear and fashion.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody who has purchased a FW20 overcoat or polo, can you comment on sizing with specific reference to whether you sized up if you plan to wear the coat over a winter weight SC?

Two years ago I found that I needed to size up the overcoat to accommodate the SC. Is that also the case with this years models?

nevaeh

Reaction score
What do folks think about the versatility of these two sportcoats (navy trousers, blue jeans, grey trousers)? Is the blue one too bright for office wear?

Attachments

Last edited:

Dizzy8108

Reaction score
What's the consensus on Dino Filarte cloth, particularly this one? https://www.spierandmackay.com/product/blue-texture-710005-8721-22152-f1h1-fw19

Is the Guabello price delta really worth it in your opinion?
I don't have experience with that specific cloth, but have a few different Dino Filarte along with some Guabello, Drago & E Thomas and others. I feel the extra cost is definitely worth it. I've decided to stick to the non Filarte cloths in the future. Not that Filarte is bad, but the others are so great for just a little bit more. Especially with all the sales lately.

MisterrLovely

Reaction score
What do folks think about the versatility of these two sportcoats (navy trousers, blue jeans, grey trousers)? Is the blue one too bright for office wear?
Those combinations sound great. I could see a khaki, or green working well, too. Brown trouser with the blue jacket.

nevaeh

Reaction score
Those combinations sound great. I could see a khaki, or green working well, too. Brown trouser with the blue jacket.
If I were to only get one, would you have a recommendation? Blue? Right now, my collection is all suits--a few shades of navy, a blue, and a mid-grey. Want to expand into sport coats.

jaspergunner

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with Suitsupply knits vs SM knits? Do they run the same size? Cheers.

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody who has purchased a FW20 overcoat or polo, can you comment on sizing with specific reference to whether you sized up if you plan to wear the coat over a winter weight SC?

Two years ago I found that I needed to size up the overcoat to accommodate the SC. Is that also the case with this years models?
I would still size up looking at this. The burgundy is from last year if I'm not mistaken. I was in same boat with you, got the first run of the polo coat in FW18 in same suit size, it was great but there is almost no room to wiggle with a jacket underneath.

Here is a polo coat fit to show those interested.

42R lovat moleskin jacket. Then the 44 burgundy polo coat on top.
View attachment 1468649

View attachment 1468650

View attachment 1468651

View attachment 1468656

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Welp.. yet another addition to the long wish list among things that will but hasn't dropped yet. I need to unfollow S&M and close down my Internet. I'm addicted and in need of an intervention.

Attachments

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Welp.. yet another addition to the long wish list among things that will but hasn't dropped yet. I need to unfollow S&M and close down my Internet. I'm addicted and in need of an intervention.
While I love my polo coat, I still think it's too short by like 5 inches.

A shorter length looks fine on a single breasted top coat, but a DB demands a longer length IMO.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Work From Home: What's Your Attire?

• PJs & Slippers

• Cozy loungewear

• Casual outfit (wool cardigan, chinos, etc)

• Suit or sport coat and dress trousers

Results are only viewable after voting.