• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Did SM by chance change up their shipping packaging? I got a big ol' pizza box sumbitch instead of the usual box.

Fun aside: after an unexpected (my fault) delivery to my parents house...mohair tux has arrived.

Yes. New box is less folding and less wrinkling to the product.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is he increasing the armhole? Or just letting fabric out of there to increase width of the upper back?
Wow. I never thought about this. Can anyone comment if increasing the armhole is possible or is it more of the ladder?
Tailor said he let out the armhole, though there wasn't much there.

Also let out upper back. Much more comfortable now.

CBrown85

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My last few orders have come through with a giant flat box- means we don't need to get any origami suits in the mail. They can send them flat.

zeddeff

Reaction score

For the folks missing the emails. Jumped on the black peacoat!

drfwtx

Reaction score
Has anyone posted pics of the medium gray full canvas suit? I’m considering it but curious how dark it is. I’m hoping for darker, similar to the medium gray trousers.

Ezio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's been an honour representing Spier & Mackay on StyleForum for a little over the last two years. I've enjoyed meeting a lot of you in person or through private messaging. I've even had the chance to meet some of you at Pitti, and among other travels of mine. A lot of you have become good friends now, and I'm honoured for the relationships and reputation that representing Spier & Mackay on StyleForum has brought me.

Making some big decisions had been weighing on me for several months and last Saturday I decided to make a drastic change in my career. My last day at Spier and Mackay will be the 29th of February. I know some of you have been planning to come to Toronto for fittings, and I wanted to give enough notice that will allow you to do so, especially because some of you were planning to come later this Spring.

I will probably still remain on StyleForum regardless of where I end up. I enjoy talking tailoring; so conversations and debates will always be welcome.

VB5TCsD.gif

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hahahah Hahahaha. I like the pizza box. I would prefer my neighbors thinking I’m ordering pizza rather than feeding my Spier and Mackay addiction.

It was either that design or two flaps where you have to cut down the middle. And with the box being shallow, we didn't want any potential for the garment getting damaged. Special delivery. A SPIER & MACKAY Pie with side order of the best value in menswear. ;)

Rugger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The search for trousers to fit my frumpy body continues. Please compare the above and let me know what you think. First two are contemporary fit, second two are slim fit. I was hoping the contemporary would relieve the butt wedgie but doesn't seem to have made a difference. The wedgie is my biggest recurring issue with trousers - note that rise on the Slim is listed as 10.3 and 11 on the contemporary. Contemporary would also require more waist to be taken in.

What do you think? Are either workable with a reasonable amount of tailoring? Which provides a better start?

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

The search for trousers to fit my frumpy body continues. Please compare the above and let me know what you think. First two are contemporary fit, second two are slim fit. I was hoping the contemporary would relieve the butt wedgie but doesn't seem to have made a difference. The wedgie is my biggest recurring issue with trousers - note that rise on the Slim is listed as 10.3 and 11 on the contemporary. Contemporary would also require more waist to be taken in.

What do you think? Are either workable with a reasonable amount of tailoring? Which provides a better start?

Can you take a pic from the side. Might be your posture. You may have to have the back rise lowered.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads