• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kevin319

Reaction score

Send it back for an exchange. I would like to see what that is. First glance looks like basting stitches poking through. But those wouldn't beas you describe.

Thanks for the quick response! I didn't want to return the suit since I love the fit and it seems to be the last size available online. I took it to the dry cleaner and they were able to clean most of it off so I am happy.

Quick question regarding the measurement, I noticed that the "short" sizes do not have measurements. Can you provide the suit measurements for 38s slim cut model 2? Thanks!

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Restock of the medium gray model 2 suit coming anytime soon? Must have totally missed the announcement about these! (I wear a 40r contemporary)

CMAc7

Reaction score
Rick,

About how backed up are you guys on production? I put in for a custom suit and two pair of custom trousers right at 8 weeks ago. I spoke to Jason a few days ago and he wasn't sure exactly where the orders were in the process without talking to the factory, so I thought maybe you could shed some light for me. He did say the new store put you guys a little behind.

We can take this PM, I just thought someone else might have the same question and would benefit from an updated timeline too.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Rick,

About how backed up are you guys on production? I put in for a custom suit and two pair of custom trousers right at 8 weeks ago. I spoke to Jason a few days ago and he wasn't sure exactly where the orders were in the process without talking to the factory, so I thought maybe you could shed some light for me. He did say the new store put you guys a little behind.

We can take this PM, I just thought someone else might have the same question and would benefit from an updated timeline too.

Custom is generally 6-8 for suits. Can you PM me your order number and I'll find out by morning.

CMAc7

Reaction score
Quote:
Not that I am obligated to provide you an explanation for my actions, but I did. As stated in my post, customer service was unable to provide a definitive explanation, therefore I thought it prudent to ask about the severity of the delay in processing due to the opening of the new store. The thought being that the SF custom program users in this very forum might benefit from the insight. You disapproval is noted.

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Quote:
Not that I am obligated to provide you an explanation for my actions, but I did. As stated in my post, customer service was unable to provide a definitive explanation, therefore I thought it prudent to ask about the severity of the delay in processing due to the opening of the new store. The thought being that the SF custom program users in this very forum might benefit from the insight. You disapproval is noted.
Wasn't an unreasonable course of action to post in the thread. There was no maliciousness in his original post and other customers may have experienced similar delays, thus providing feedback. No harm, no foul.

flvinny521

Reaction score
@spiermackay Just a quick note to say that your site is a bit confusing when it comes to casual shirts. I don't know if this is something that has been mentioned before, so I apologize if it has.

It appears as though "Casual" is just an option of fit, alongside contemporary or slim. In my opinion, a shirt should be classified as casual or dress by the style of the shirt, not the fit. This causes confusion as seen below; shirts can be labeled "Contemporary Fit Casual Fit." To me, casual should be a separate category of clothing, like polos, pants, and suits. This would hopefully improve the navigation of the site by better segmenting the garments. As it stands, it is impossible to see only casual, contemporary fit shirts.

Also, a lot of the fabrics/configurations I'd consider casual are currently in the dress shirt category, like the new madras and button down oxfords.

Last edited:

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@spiermackay Just a quick note to say that your site is a bit confusing when it comes to casual shirts. I don't know if this is something that has been mentioned before, so I apologize if it has.

It appears as though "Casual" is just an option of fit, alongside contemporary or slim. In my opinion, a shirt should be classified as casual or dress by the style of the shirt, not the fit. This causes confusion as seen below; shirts can be labeled "Contemporary Fit Casual Fit." To me, casual should be a separate category of clothing, like polos, pants, and suits. This would hopefully improve the navigation of the site by better segmenting the garments. As it stands, it is impossible to see only casual, contemporary fit shirts.

Also, a lot of the fabrics/configurations I'd consider casual are currently in the dress shirt category, like the new madras and button down oxfords.

I'll be the first to admit the site as is is pretty terrible, but works for the most part. The new site, which has been in development for a couple of months, is near complete. We're having some issues with the custom side of it, but that should be resolved in the next couple of weeks. The new site is much, much better and makes things a lot easier and makes more sense in general.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads