1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by spiermackay, Mar 14, 2014.

1. chiggyv

chiggyv Senior member

Ha I'm on the same boat. Sold off a bunch of other shirts in anticipation of these.

2. tonster

tonster New Member

Out of curiosity, why do you love these Oxfords so much? Do you work in an office setting? Basically, should I be buying these shirts too? Haha.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2016
  3. Pepetito

Pepetito Active Member

Great collar and fit me great off the rack. Great US conversion rate. That's pretty much the gist.

4. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

Here are my thoughts on them, speaking only of the oxford fabric Rick developed, and the design changes to the collar etc. Right now that would be the white, blue, ocean blue, and burgundy (most of the new fabrics are in the custom section for the upcoming drop)

I have owned oxfords across many brands, nothing crazy high end like Eton to compare to but stuff from Bonobos, J Crew, Brooks Brothers as well as a few others. I work in a business casual/ casual office so pretty much reach for oxfords/trousers, oxfords/chinos, oxford/jeans around 90% of the time.

The material is fantastic, it's a really great 3 season weight for me. Just stiff enough when you first get them to know that they are going to soften up amazingly over time but not too stiff it's annoying to wear before they break in. Overall construction of the shirts, like all of the SM shirts, is top notch. I like that the oxford line still has the lower button stance (pretty sure this is still the case with the incoming ones). Collars have that old school BB vibe with an amazing collar roll. The fit for me is pretty close to ideal in a 15.5 Contemp, I like my oxfords to fit with a bit more room as I like to wear them both tucked or untucked. If I were to go MTM I would take in the armhole a hair, lengthen the sleeve by .5, and maybe take in the waist .5". All very minor so I stick with OTR.

Unbeatable value all around for the $50 CAD or so per shirt, if Rick keeps making different oxfords I will have zero reason to be swayed to another brand for them and will likely buy almost anything that comes around. So yeah buy some for sure, as long as you aren't my size or faster than me hahaha.

5. Pepetito

Pepetito Active Member

Late afternoon......I can only hit F5 so many times....

6. colHolm

colHolm Senior member

Saw them in person today. Money.

7. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

Lol

Did you buy any?

8. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

When I spoke to Rick, he said going forward the button down shirts will not have a center pleat. I"ll wait until that release. I really dislike the center pleat.

I blame it on my colleague who is older and has never seen the inside of a gym. Basically muffin top

9. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

No pleat fits more clean for sure, I have really liked that on the recent linen shirts and hope the upcoming denim shirts are also no pleat. For oxfords I do enjoy the pleat but I am sure I will love them without as well moving forward after this drop.

1 person likes this.
  10. Darkside

Darkside Senior member

Will probably intakop these uni stripes.

Especially since they have that luscious back pleat.

1 person likes this.
  11. chiggyv

chiggyv Senior member

Downtown?

12. spiermackay

spiermackay Senior member Affiliate Vendor

I'm just doing the colour edits right now. As soon as I finish and post them you guys will be the first to know.

13. scatterbrain

scatterbrain Senior member

lol

14. spiermackay

1 person likes this.
  15. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

Some solids are still coming today? Don't want to checkout just yet if they are.

And we broke the site lol

16. spiermackay

Just White and Gray.

17. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

Oh damn, was also excited for lavender and pink but I guess that's on the way with the burgundy uni stripe? Will wait for the grey and white to add to my order.

Is the white different in any way to the ones already up or just a restock?

18. Pepetito

Pepetito Active Member

Same...

19. spiermackay

The lavender and pink solid are coming later. They will be here before the Burgundy Uni. There is also a new light blue shade on the way.

The white is the same. Just a restock.

20. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

Nice! Just try and drop them in groups of three for us hahaha. Got my cart all set once the grey pops up.