• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

flvinny521

Reaction score
I'll be the first to admit the site as is is pretty terrible, but works for the most part. The new site, which has been in development for a couple of months, is near complete. We're having some issues with the custom side of it, but that should be resolved in the next couple of weeks. The new site is much, much better and makes things a lot easier and makes more sense in general.

Good to know, thanks. I forgot about the new site; looking forward to it.

jcksn

Reaction score
Hey @SPIER & MACKAY @SPIER & MACKAY , a few questions when you have time:

1) When will you be stocking more Premium Fine White Poplin in [
Slim Fit • Semi Spread• Button Cuff] in size 16? I am trying to make my first order but you're completely sold out and I'm not interested in the less opaque option.​

2) What material would say is best to be worn when temperatures are high among the following: Royal Oxford, Royal Twill, Fine Twill, and Twill, Poplin, and Panama Weave? Would you rank them from most breathable to least breathable please? I would appreciate you doing so very much.​

3) What is the difference between the material of the Premium White Poplin and the material of the​
Sky Blue Poplin - 2 Ply 120's?

A final note: I really would appreciate (and buy) more white and blue shirts in [
Slim Fit • Semi Spread• Button Cuff], however, many of the shirt patterns are either only in the less slender sizes and or in slim fit but with full spread collars. Subtle patterns on white and blue shirts would be a great addition to my wardrobe and I only trust you to get the sizing done right for my slim frame.​

nickrut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Rick - any timeframe on the linens coming back around?

Smitty2k1

Reaction score

Yes, we can do trouser swaps. As long as the trouser is available.

Shop is open 7 days a week Downtown.

Thanks! Went today and got great service picking out and tailoring a suit!

However, I failed at finding the address on your websit (mobile) may want to make it easier!

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Received my madras and linens, both are fantastic.

Initial thoughts:
The linen feels amazing compared to last year. I feel like last years linen was slubbier and thicker, though I had to return it due to fit so just going off memory. Fit wise the mardras drape well right out of the box, the linens seem to fit a hair larger overall and I feel a lot of extra fabric in the armhole and bicep (two areas it seems I may need to slim down if I base more custom off the 15.5 contemporary). I will have to decide if I think they fit of the linens work for me after a wash and press.

Rick, will the linens shrink much? I might need to risk some dryer time with them if I keep them.

Sorry for the poor pics, my phone camera is really on it's last legs.

Pic of the extra material from the arm hole, tough to shoot solo.

Better pics to make up for the fit pics.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Restock of the medium gray model 2 suit coming anytime soon? Must have totally missed the announcement about these! (I wear a 40r contemporary)

August. But we have Medium Gray Sharkskin that was released today.

Thank you, completely missed the rows with the short.

Chest, Shoulder, and Waist on the jacket size are the same for Short and Regular? Only differences are the sleeve and jacket lengths?

Correct.

Hey Rick, Any update on the chinos?

Shipping from the factory June 8th, should be in a week after that.

Any plans for the new polos in more colors?

Not this year. Planning for 12 - 16 colours next year.

Hey @SPIER & MACKAY @SPIER & MACKAY , a few questions when you have time:

1) When will you be stocking more Premium Fine White Poplin in [
Slim Fit • Semi Spread• Button Cuff] in size 16? I am trying to make my first order but you're completely sold out and I'm not interested in the less opaque option.​

2) What material would say is best to be worn when temperatures are high among the following: Royal Oxford, Royal Twill, Fine Twill, and Twill, Poplin, and Panama Weave? Would you rank them from most breathable to least breathable please? I would appreciate you doing so very much.​

3) What is the difference between the material of the Premium White Poplin and the material of the​
Sky Blue Poplin - 2 Ply 120's?

A final note: I really would appreciate (and buy) more white and blue shirts in [
Slim Fit • Semi Spread• Button Cuff], however, many of the shirt patterns are either only in the less slender sizes and or in slim fit but with full spread collars. Subtle patterns on white and blue shirts would be a great addition to my wardrobe and I only trust you to get the sizing done right for my slim frame.​

I'll have to check with my production manager on the premium white. I know we have some under production right now, just don't know the date on it.

For warm weather, royal oxford, panama and poplin will be the best. Twills will be the warmest.

Premium White Poplin is a dense 2 Ply 100's. The sky blue is a finer count, but lighter density.

Lastly, we do run these patterns, but they sell out quickly in the more popular sizes/fit. We do our best to cut our shirts in proportion to demand of each size/fit.

Hey Rick - any timeframe on the linens coming back around?

Hopefully, Next week. Production is finished, shipped already.

Thanks! Went today and got great service picking out and tailoring a suit!

However, I failed at finding the address on your websit (mobile) may want to make it easier!

Excellent!

New website coming soon. Will make everything easier.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Received my madras and linens, both are fantastic.

Initial thoughts:
The linen feels amazing compared to last year. I feel like last years linen was slubbier and thicker, though I had to return it due to fit so just going off memory. Fit wise the mardras drape well right out of the box, the linens seem to fit a hair larger overall and I feel a lot of extra fabric in the armhole and bicep (two areas it seems I may need to slim down if I base more custom off the 15.5 contemporary). I will have to decide if I think they fit of the linens work for me after a wash and press.

Rick, will the linens shrink much? I might need to risk some dryer time with them if I keep them.

The linen will shrink. They stretch a bit when sewn because of the loose weave and will shrink up a bit when washed. Wash and hang dry first, they will still shrink a bit without the dryer.

nickrut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fantastic...Will be in for 2 linens and 2 madras at a minimum. Any way to reserve the Linens now so I don't miss out when traveling? Happy to email or pm or whatever.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The linen will shrink. They stretch a bit when sewn because of the loose weave and will shrink up a bit when washed. Wash and hang dry first, they will still shrink a bit without the dryer.

This is exactly what I wanted to hear. Fantastic job on the collars of these, they turned out great. Overall some great improvements over last years linens and madras offerings.

Fantastic...Will be in for 2 linens and 2 madras at a minimum. Any way to reserve the Linens now so I don't miss out when traveling? Happy to email or pm or whatever.

Yeah you don't want to miss out on the linens, they are fire.

nickrut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is exactly what I wanted to hear. Fantastic job on the collars of these, they turned out great. Overall some great improvements over last years linens and madras offerings.

Yeah you don't want to miss out on the linens, they are fire.

The hardest part on the linens is deciding which NOT to get. I love all 4 of the colors. Probably need to chose between blue and indigo....decisions decisions.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads