• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shoeluv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Going for a tonal look with a pop. Last year's wool/linen Bottoli (@wishiwasricher) + brown bengal stripe + brown dress chinos.

@Shoeluv and @FlyingHorker, here's a full body pic; the jacket is a 36R like the bright navy from before. Curious if you still think it's too long (which I concede could be true)...
View attachment 1224047 View attachment 1224046
looks great to me man, length looks great, as does everything else!
Agree with Horker, the jacket length is perfect on this one. Shoulders look perfect too. I think this is definitely the right size for you.

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who's interested in suede driving loafers? The factory we work with is already making a really great pair. It would be really easy to add to the line up.

I used to love them but really the concept of driving shoes are not practical anymore for me. But why not for the right color and leather? Tease us pleas!

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I could use some more seersucker... someone else has to agree

Yuuuuuuup. Red/white or green/white. I had a green/white RL jacket a couple years ago that I had to let go because the sleeves were too narrow (waaaay too narrow), but the color was great- kind of a kelly green almost

SJR3

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
After five or six different orders, I just don't think Spier and Mackay has the aesthetic I'm looking for. I'm 33, 5'9 and 165 pounds for reference.

None of the shirts fit my frame, which, to be fair, is typical from off the rack shirt makers. Even the 16.5 neck shrunk too much to be buttoned up after a wash and even with the extra slim fit the cut gets enormousness at that neck size. I'll play around with trying to put massive darts in it and resewing the button into a different spot but it's a mostly lost cause.

I also tried their custom shirts twice. The quality of the fabric is good but the turnaround is very slow compared to Modern Tailor at that same price point. Two months is just such a long time to wait in order to narrow down a fit.

I know you guys like the long sizes for some reason but as an average height Canadian the 40R's are wildly over-sized compared to other brands I buy. I still have that tobacco linen jacket that I had to do the waist and the sleeves on but I'm still uncomfortable with it's length. It's a full inch longer than anything in my wardrobe and it just looks over-sized and sloppy. I still haven't tried the short sizes but that would be the only jacket size I'd buy again. I have lots of problems with Suit Supply but I will say their sleeve and jacket length are perfect for me out of the box in a 40R.

So a mixed bag in my experience. It doesn't feel like they are after me as a demographic, even though they have some fun and youthful fabrics and very approachable pricing. I don't want a modern slim aesthetic (where it looks like Suit Supply is going) but I also don't want to look like I'm wearing a hand me down jacket.

I'll probably order something in the future but my experiences up until now haven't been mind blowing.

Is it even fair to air this grievance? Most guys your size are probably wearing size 15 or 15.5 shirts. Can't really blame S&M OTR sizes.

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who's interested in suede driving loafers? The factory we work with is already making a really great pair. It would be really easy to add to the line up.
Yeah, agree with @djdanniedee, if they don't have a proper sole, they are kind of throw away shoes and I would want a price that reflects that. I've had in the past and the toe on them just gets worn down and the whole shoe is ruined once it wears too much.

Edit: When I was younger I always wanted a pair of Tod's, but having had other driving loafers, I could never drop that kind of money knowing the shoes would not hold up.

Last edited:

VahanJan

Reaction score
Is it even fair to air this grievance? Most guys your size are probably wearing size 15 or 15.5 shirts. Can't really blame S&M OTR sizes.
Really can't wrap my head around the fact that he's 165 pounds wearing a 16.5 neck shirt while I'm 178 pounds wearing 15.5. Granted I'm a tad taller than he is (6'0) but still baffles me. Slim fit S&M shirts fit me like a glove.

Torzano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really can't wrap my head around the fact that he's 165 pounds wearing a 16.5 neck shirt while I'm 178 pounds wearing 15.5. Granted I'm a tad taller than he is (6'0) but still baffles me. Slim fit S&M shirts fit me like a glove.

If you two met.
3BE1584B-0365-4B75-AF32-70449AFDE4FC.png

BeraQueezy

Reaction score
EXCELLENT saturation and looks great with your skin tone! Very nice sir!
Much appreciated ! Had the navy cotton suit from last year on earlier in the day but actually found this one was more breathable (likely because of the elastane composition in the former) so decided to wear it to an event that evening. Got a lot of compliments on the color and texture. Glad I pulled the trigger in this sale.

ULCajun

Reaction score
Yuuuuuuup. Red/white or green/white. I had a green/white RL jacket a couple years ago that I had to let go because the sleeves were too narrow (waaaay too narrow), but the color was great- kind of a kelly green almost
I tried to get some custom popovers in the works but they didn’t get any fabric in. I really hope they attempt another suit/sport coat next season. Went with the jacket and sondrio trousers last night for dinner

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
More so than the DWW Summer Tweed, I would be in for a special order on green solid or tonal striped seersucker suit/jacket. A rich emerald tone or something more subdued but still foresty rather than the olive or khaki route (or Kelly green, ehh). And I'm sad I missed out on the navy seersucker this summer. That went quick.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Right. I"m 5'10 and 160 and I wear a 15 neck. Homie doing some extra after school activities I see...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads