• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

hschrapel

Reaction score

havensk

Reaction score
When can we expect restocks or F/W lineup? I'd like to get something navy, all season, preferably 3 roll 2 but I'm flexible there. Really just need a new all purpose suit.

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
S&M jacket and trousers. When I got this cream chinos, I wasn't sure how much I was going to wear them but now, I'm wearing them at least once a week. I love how comfortable they are. Hopefully the Sondrio cotton/linen comeback next season, I think I will need those too.

74a856ce0cd14780ca09baeb4043be8adf954b73.jpg
I never imagined a green shirt under that rust jacket, but it looks outstanding. Also like you didn’t plan it, but just threw on that jacket on your way out the door. Someday I’ll achieve that level of cool.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I never imagined a green shirt under that rust jacket, but it looks outstanding. Also like you didn’t plan it, but just threw on that jacket on your way out the door. Someday I’ll achieve that level of cool.
Hehehe it was kind of an experiment with some shirts I bought like that, trial and error hehe.

Trit

Reaction score
After five or six different orders, I just don't think Spier and Mackay has the aesthetic I'm looking for. I'm 33, 5'9 and 165 pounds for reference.

None of the shirts fit my frame, which, to be fair, is typical from off the rack shirt makers. Even the 16.5 neck shrunk too much to be buttoned up after a wash and even with the extra slim fit the cut gets enormousness at that neck size. I'll play around with trying to put massive darts in it and resewing the button into a different spot but it's a mostly lost cause.

I also tried their custom shirts twice. The quality of the fabric is good but the turnaround is very slow compared to Modern Tailor at that same price point. Two months is just such a long time to wait in order to narrow down a fit.

I know you guys like the long sizes for some reason but as an average height Canadian the 40R's are wildly over-sized compared to other brands I buy. I still have that tobacco linen jacket that I had to do the waist and the sleeves on but I'm still uncomfortable with it's length. It's a full inch longer than anything in my wardrobe and it just looks over-sized and sloppy. I still haven't tried the short sizes but that would be the only jacket size I'd buy again. I have lots of problems with Suit Supply but I will say their sleeve and jacket length are perfect for me out of the box in a 40R.

So a mixed bag in my experience. It doesn't feel like they are after me as a demographic, even though they have some fun and youthful fabrics and very approachable pricing. I don't want a modern slim aesthetic (where it looks like Suit Supply is going) but I also don't want to look like I'm wearing a hand me down jacket.

I'll probably order something in the future but my experiences up until now haven't been mind blowing.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
After five or six different orders, I just don't think Spier and Mackay has the aesthetic I'm looking for. I'm 33, 5'9 and 165 pounds for reference.

None of the shirts fit my frame, which, to be fair, is typical from off the rack shirt makers. Even the 16.5 neck shrunk too much to be buttoned up after a wash and even with the extra slim fit the cut gets enormousness at that neck size. I'll play around with trying to put massive darts in it and resewing the button into a different spot but it's a mostly lost cause.

I also tried their custom shirts twice. The quality of the fabric is good but the turnaround is very slow compared to Modern Tailor at that same price point. Two months is just such a long time to wait in order to narrow down a fit.

I know you guys like the long sizes for some reason but as an average height Canadian the 40R's are wildly over-sized compared to other brands I buy. I still have that tobacco linen jacket that I had to do the waist and the sleeves on but I'm still uncomfortable with it's length. It's a full inch longer than anything in my wardrobe and it just looks over-sized and sloppy. I still haven't tried the short sizes but that would be the only jacket size I'd buy again. I have lots of problems with Suit Supply but I will say their sleeve and jacket length are perfect for me out of the box in a 40R.

So a mixed bag in my experience. It doesn't feel like they are after me as a demographic, even though they have some fun and youthful fabrics and very approachable pricing. I don't want a modern slim aesthetic (where it looks like Suit Supply is going) but I also don't want to look like I'm wearing a hand me down jacket.

I'll probably order something in the future but my experiences up until now haven't been mind blowing.
Unfortunately, not every brand can work for everyone. Sounds like you're still looking for your brand. I have things I would tweak with Spier's fits (MTO should help with), but they're a pretty good fit for me as OTR.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Good luck in your search and thanks for giving us a proper try. Unfortunately, not every brand can accommodate 100% of the market. We do have MTO coming down the pipe, that you can adjust measurements as you need.

We agree on the MTM shirt turnaround and we've made some strides on that recently and continually work to improve that. Our goal is to have it under 3 weeks, and 4 weeks as an average.

sao

Reaction score
Is there any info on the Fall/Winter outerwear range? Which formal/casual styles are being released?

Keep up the great work!

-Apologies if this was mentioned earlier, couldn’t find anything through the previous pages.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads