• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I’m going to regret asking this...

Anyone have any IRL pics of the sage green linen/silk suit? I’m kind of ambivalent about the color on the website, but absolutely enamored with the fabric after wearing my honey suit today.

Also @spiermackay @induere_to, is my dream of a solid gray flannel Neo on deck this fall? I’m already in on whatever DB y’all are releasing, but I’m holding off on other purchases with hopes of a solid gray flannel...
I posted pics a long while back when they first dropped. It's nice, but the green E Thomas won my heart (even being just a jacket for more money). Love the fabric of honey and sage, but I just couldn't see myself wearing thr sage as much. Can definitely feel grey in some lights, and never more than a light feeling of green. Site pics are as green as you'll ever see it. I wanted something GREEN at the time. It's definitely worth a look though.

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
T’was my conundrum. Opted for the whole suit, though I think I’ll wear them as separates more likely.

stro

Reaction score
i'll try to snap a few pictures of the sage green in daylight during my lunch / puppy break tomorrow unless someone beats me to it.

of course, the fact that i'm posting at this hour means there's a decent chance i forget. sorry! as penance in advance, iirc jfk's photos that he posted a while ago were the only ones i found of it in the wild before deciding to buy it. here is a link to one of those pictures.

the real deal is a bit more green than these pictures look on my monitor right now, but i have blue light software which has my color accuracy looking roughly like a game boy original with the clunky light attachment on although the light attachment is about to go out of battery. all of this is to say that i don't trust my monitor right now for anything more color-intensive than playing tetris.

i like the fabric and would agree with what both the above posts said re: its slight sheen and its gray tones.

Ola

Reaction score
Hi,
Sorry, might sound a bit clueless, so not sure if this is the right place to post, however customer support has not responded, but does anyone know how the sizing system for their chinos work?

I usually take 32" in waist/32" length when I buy OTR-trousers, will that work here as well... anyone?

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hi,
Sorry, might sound a bit clueless, so not sure if this is the right place to post, however customer support has not responded, but does anyone know how the sizing system for their chinos work?

I usually take 32" in waist/32" length when I buy OTR-trousers, will that work here as well... anyone?

Yes, that's a safe bet - assuming you aren't buying vanity sized clothing now. Length isn't an issue as all trousers are unfinished. The next decision is slim vrs contemporary.

Ola

Reaction score
Yes, that's a safe bet - assuming you aren't buying vanity sized clothing now. Length isn't an issue as all trousers are unfinished. The next decision is slim vrs contemporary.
That truly is amazing, thank you JustinW!
I could go with either! Do you Think I would need to size up for a slim in comparison to the contemp?

Thanks again!

Torzano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you all usually purchase pants with a waist measurement smaller than your waist or larger? I have a 37 inch waist and usually get SM high rise in a 36 contemporary. The actual waist measurement is 37.5 according to the size chart. I usually have to have the waist taken in because with just side tabs I feel like I have to pull them up a lot during the day.

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How to look like an old expat aka being a regular American

img_1565356524501.jpg

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That truly is amazing, thank you JustinW!
I could go with either! Do you Think I would need to size up for a slim in comparison to the contemp?

Thanks again!

I wouldn't size-up - the waist measurements have been pretty consistent between slim and contemp across the different runs and years. Contemporary is slightly higher and has a little a little more room in the hips and thighs. Don't be fooled by the name though - by any standards the contemporary is still a modern, slim fit.

How to look like an old expat aka being a regular American

View attachment 1220561

Ahhh, man. I just decided I am totally stealing this look tomorrow night - you just helped to chose what I am wearing to the theatre tomorrow. I have the same jacket and shirt. My chocolate chinos and snuff RMWs will suffice.

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'll try to snap a few pictures of the sage green in daylight during my lunch / puppy break tomorrow unless someone beats me to it.

of course, the fact that i'm posting at this hour means there's a decent chance i forget. sorry! as penance in advance, iirc jfk's photos that he posted a while ago were the only ones i found of it in the wild before deciding to buy it. here is a link to one of those pictures.

the real deal is a bit more green than these pictures look on my monitor right now, but i have blue light software which has my color accuracy looking roughly like a game boy original with the clunky light attachment on although the light attachment is about to go out of battery. all of this is to say that i don't trust my monitor right now for anything more color-intensive than playing tetris.

i like the fabric and would agree with what both the above posts said re: its slight sheen and its gray tones.
A lunch/puppy break sounds like an ingredient of a perfect life. It should be government mandated.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads