• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

aj805

Reaction score
Not a great photo, but I wanted to share my Spier + Luxire VBC navy flannel blazersuit. It was a bit of a risk with the fabric matching between both sides, but it worked out fine, and allowed me to pair a great jacket with my favorite pants pattern, and the whole rig was about as thrifty as you could reasonably hope for.

S_LBlazersuit.JPG

SL_Blazersuit2.JPG

Last edited:

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm jealous of whoever picks up that VBC brown slub for like $270. Dang Neopolitan fit!

ULCajun

Reaction score
You guys really need to buy the E Thomas rust jacket in my size. I can only hold out my temptation for so long.

Edit: some inspiration

I scooped this up last night. Been eyeing if for some time. Not in your size though haha

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I need to see better pictures of the Ethomas jackets to decide if I could ever wear them.

mykoh

Reaction score
Are those jackets part of the extra 25% too?

anything that's on sale is eligible for the discount code

I need to see better pictures of the Ethomas jackets to decide if I could ever wear them.

I've been mulling over grabbing one for the longest time too.
Check out @colHolm's instagram/site for more photos, he wears this jacket very well.

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anything that's on sale is eligible for the discount code

I've been mulling over grabbing one for the longest time too.
Check out @colHolm's instagram/site for more photos, he wears this jacket very well.

Just took a look. He does not have the blue one. If I'm still on the fence about this, chances are I won't fall in love with the jacket. Eyeing the navy hopsack tho :drool:

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just put in another order. I don't even want to look at my cc bill right now.

I am in the same boat. Contemplating to cut up my credit cards and put a random password on PayPal.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just took a look. He does not have the blue one. If I'm still on the fence about this, chances are I won't fall in love with the jacket. Eyeing the navy hopsack tho :drool:

I swear I saw this one on someone else on IG and now I can't find it.

More rust inspiration

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Colors have really been adjusted on that Pic though. I really don't think it's that saturated in person iirc from when I was in the shop.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You guys really need to buy the E Thomas rust jacket in my size. I can only hold out my temptation for so long.

Edit: some inspiration

I swear I regret not buying this jacket.

And this one is available in my size and with the discount... but then, the brown slub is also available hahaha.

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

More rust inspiration

Thanks, friend. That blue is too bold. I think grey is the way to go... Not bold, but not boring, either. Now I need to find pics of the VBC navy mesh hopsack... haha. ****. SM sales times is the worst part of the day.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics