• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If anyone has been on the fence with the Bottoli in orange/blue check - BUY BUY BUY. At 25% extra off - this is a STEAL. I love the one I picked up in the summer. Pairs really well with denim and cream pants.

NoNameNecessary

Reaction score
Thanks, friend. That blue is too bold. I think grey is the way to go... Not bold, but not boring, either. Now I need to find pics of the VBC navy mesh hopsack... haha. ****. SM sales times is the worst part of the day.
Just my 2 cents, sport coat should be bold just like suits should be muted. If dress for work, dark business suits are only thing should be acceptable. Sportcoat should be played with and are much more versatile than casual suits. The only one sportcoat that is muted should be the navy blazer which can sometimes be worn in business setting

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just my 2 cents, sport coat should be bold just like suits should be muted. If dress for work, dark business suits are only thing should be acceptable. Sportcoat should be played with and are much more versatile than casual suits. The only one sportcoat that is muted should be the navy blazer which can sometimes be worn in business setting
Those were pretty much the rules up to about 20 years ago. Now anything goes. With often disastrous results.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I had 0 shrink with the SS. Hoping for close to that with LS. The sleeves have a bit extra, so should be good.

Long story short. The LS polo fabric didn't get the same loop dry treatment of the short sleeve. So shrinkage is typical for regular Pique.

jdp234

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody have the Peak Lapel Medium Grey suit and can comment on it?

The peak lapel suits are amazing and if there is one left in your size buy it.
7E1C3613-5C26-4EF3-BF79-940AFBD44383.jpeg
8C51FCFD-D7B9-4760-9465-382FE6D036C6.jpeg

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rick, the site sometimes show this shipping method error when ordering a jacket but not everything else. On BF I was able to order a jacket though. Odd. This is for international shipping.

"Sorry, no quotes are available for this order at this time."

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads