1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by spiermackay, Mar 14, 2014.

1. spiermackay

spiermackay Senior member Affiliate Vendor

No, it's a 2/120's. The white is 2/100's. The blue is a bit finer and silkier.

1 person likes this.
  2. spiermackay

2 people like this.
  3. spiermackay

2 people like this.
  4. Otte

Otte Member

Hi Rick,
    First post but long-time lurker here.

I am one of your minority 14.5-shirt/34-suit/28-pants buyer. Do you get comments that your slim isn't slim enough in this particular demographic? I have a lot of room in the waist and bicep/upper arm area that can be slimmed down even more, about 1 - 2 inches on average. I understand that I may be an outlier in my proportions but I don't see many slim/skinny men with small chest but big arms/tummy. There are cases where men have big arms and tummy but I've never seen them with a small neck/shoulder where your 14.5/34/28 fits into.

I'm not sure if any of the above make sense. In short, I find that most people in my general size do not have the arms/stomach to fill the bicep/waist area of your slim shirts. Do you get these comments from a lot of people that buys size 14.5 shirts or size 34 suits? In extension to the bicep, the armhole is naturally too big, naturally.

5. Mashfir

Mashfir Member

Those brushed look great, tempted to order a few shirts. Perhaps one OCBD and two dressier options.

Do you guys have an English spread option or would anyone who's ordered one mind posting a pic or two?

Also looking at different BD collars and trying to figure out if it's possible to keep the points near or under the jacket. Any ideas if it would look awkward with the buttons so far out? Trying to search the Luxire thread for inspiration but nothing as of yet.

1 person likes this.
  6. Notreknip

Notreknip Senior member

The postman delivered my first S&M sportcoat today - a version 2.0 mid-brown summer staple that I plan to take on an upcoming late-Spring trip to Italy.

The fit is perhaps 90-95% for me, taking into account both "objective" criteria and my personal tastes - pretty solid for RTW. (With tailoring, perhaps slightly higher?)

With less/no shoulder padding, a slightly lower button stance, and (most importantly) some better fabrics I can see myself buying more than a few of these in the coming years.

Other than the fabric, I don't feel like I'm giving up anything to my Suitsupply stuff, and that's for almost half the cost.

Cheers Rick for the good deal!

1 person likes this.
  7. An Acute Style

An Acute Style Senior member

Made my first SM trouser purchase last week and my first shirt purchase today. Oh the waiting.

8. Darkside

Darkside Senior member

You will be pleasantly surprised.

9. An Acute Style

I hope so. The SM shirts I got were $42 a piece. Can't beat that for custom. The pants I got were about $50 a piece. It's hard to find 100% wool pants anywhere for that price. Excited about taking this stuff for a spin.

10. spiermackay

The armhole and bicep are proportional to the chest and shoulder. We actually reduced them over the summer. We sell a lot of 14.5 shirts and have not have many complaints of them being too loose. But we can always improve and I'll most likely have my tailors revisit the patterns just after New Year.

11. nickrut

nickrut Senior member

Any promo codes coming soon? I think the OTRs I bought for black friday are a smidge too short in the arms so I'll have to go MTO I think moving forward. Frustrating but typical lol.

Also, If I have a question about one of the shirts having a possible defect, who do I email?

Last edited: Dec 18, 2015
  12. Otte

Otte Member

I guess I'm just one of the few who likes clothes to be fitted well.. but I do appreciate your gesture of continuous improvement!

13. doodledoc

doodledoc Senior member

My guess is that when people have a choice (given their price range), they want their clothes to fit well.

3 people like this.
  14. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

I wear 14.5 shirts and I fit just fine in his slim fit shirts, I don't have huge arms either.

15. winghus

winghus Senior member

mail info@spierandmackay.com I had a shirt defect issue and they responded quickly and took care of it beyond my expectations.

16. spiermackay

What's the order#

17. An Acute Style

My SM trousers arrived yesterday. I got the contemporary fit, but found them too slim for my taste. The drape was fine when standing, but the tightness in the thigh was very evident when I sat down. The construction was good. The fabric on the dark grey soho's has a slight sheen to it, but was an excellent weight for spring/summer/fall. It maybe too thin for winter though. For the guy who likes a slim trouser, these are a great deal. I highly recommend them. I hope I have better luck in the shirt department.

18. spiermackay

What was your order# Older lots of the contemporary were a tad bit slimmer in the hip/thigh compared to the current lot. We switched factories for trousers last summer because of consistency issues in the cuts. I can see which group those trousers are from.

19. An Acute Style

The order number was 13461. Dark Grey SoHo Trouser - Contemporary Fit and Solid Navy - Contemporary Fit. Both were on deep discount so I imagine they may have been older stock. Thanks.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2015
  20. spiermackay

Yes, like I suspected. Original price was $98 CAD (Newer stocks are $110) and were produced with our previous supplier. There is a finished difference anywhere between 1/4" - 1/2" on the half hip and thigh, which translates to 1/2" - 1" slimmer than what they should be from the specs.