• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

zinc2162

Reaction score
^Those look great. Trousers in that light gray suiting fabric would also be a winner, IMO.

Also, I got my Donland Chambray Contemporary shirt in, and it is great! Wonderfully soft out of the box, and it fits me like it was MTM. I will probably order more shirts from these guys, because you simply cannot beat the value at this pricepoint. I really like the large spread collar as well--something you don't see on many OTR brands. Anybody have experience with the following fabrics?

I am looking for shirts that are not too stiff, and relatively opaque.

http://www.spierandmackay.com/product_information/3569_light_blue_milner_stripe

http://www.spierandmackay.com/product_information/3163_light_blue_bengal_stripe___120s

http://www.spierandmackay.com/product_information/3477_light_blue_chemsford_stripe

http://www.spierandmackay.com/product_information/3155_blue_kirkland_stripe

I have the bengal stripe in blue but I think the fabric would be the same as the light blue. I like it and wear that shirt a lot. I wish I have bought the chemsford stripe before my size is sold out.

zinc2162

Reaction score
First group of FW15 OTR Suits are up and available in store.

http://www.spierandmackay.com/men-suits.php

Charcoal Solid

Light Grey Solid

Blue Grey Solid

Blue Texture

Rick. Solid lineup. I think the blue texture is the winner.

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
11 degrees this AM, reached for a Blue Herringbone Flannel. Hope there is more of these in the pipeline for Fall, even more casual patterns. I could live in these all fall/winter...

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Here is the 2nd Sample of the Full Canvas. Added the 3 roll 2.5 Button Stance. Made a couple of minor tweaks. Ready for production. I'll be visiting the factory mid October to get this running.

Hard to tell from the pic, but the finishing on this is impeccable.

fieldofdreams

Reaction score
Here is the 2nd Sample of the Full Canvas. Added the 3 roll 2.5 Button Stance. Made a couple of minor tweaks. Ready for production. I'll be visiting the factory mid October to get this running.

Can you provide deets on fabric and cost?

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Can you provide deets on fabric and cost?

Havn't decided on fabric yet. Price will be determined after fabric is solidified. Idea is to keep this between $600 - $650 CAD ($450 - $500 USD) General consensus it to keep the fabric around the 110's mark to make it a bit more hard wearing. Should be able to keep this in this general price as long as the CAD doesn't dramatically dip too much lower.

doodledoc

Reaction score

It's hard to tell, but on the right sleeve, it looks like the jacket has working cuffs. Please don't put working cuffs on it as some of us have to adjust the sleeve length. It would be easier if you did not put the faux button stitching on it either.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
It's hard to tell, but on the right sleeve, it looks like the jacket has working cuffs. Please don't put working cuffs on it as some of us have to adjust the sleeve length. It would be easier if you did not put the faux button stitching on it either.

This sample has working cuffs, but that won't be carried into production. The sleeve will be left without buttons (buttons will be included) and can be attached by your local tailor after the sleeve is altered.

doodledoc

Reaction score
This sample has working cuffs, but that won't be carried into production. The sleeve will be left without buttons (buttons will be included) and can be attached by your local tailor after the sleeve is altered.

Nice! Thank you sir. For the first release, will it be navy, medium gray, and charcoal?

Last edited:

yanagi

Reaction score

Havn't decided on fabric yet. Price will be determined after fabric is solidified. Idea is to keep this between $600 - $650 CAD ($450 - $500 USD) General consensus it to keep the fabric around the 110's mark to make it a bit more hard wearing.  Should be able to keep this in this general price as long as the CAD doesn't dramatically dip too much lower.

The samples look great. Look forward to their launch in the near future!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads