Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by spiermackay, Mar 14, 2014.

1. aglose

aglose Senior member

That full canvas looks great. Can't wait to order that in some staples that have been sorely missing from my wardrobe. I am in dire need of both a solid navy suit and a good grey suit as well. I usually run hot so I'd prefer something not deigned with winter in mind or I'd snag some of the current offerings.

2. spiermackay

spiermackay Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

The light gray and charcoal are an all season fabric. All but 1 fabric for the FW "collection" are all season weight. The navy core - restocking later this week is also an all season weight.. 265 gsm. Less than that and we'll be getting into Tropical weight territory.

That said, the Full Canvas will be All Season as well. Looking at late Feb/early March for the Full Canvas.

Hope that helps.

3. aglose

aglose Senior member

Very helpful! I am tempted to order something in January when I am back in the states to nail down sizing prior to the full canvas release. Either way purchases will have to wait until I am back from Spain in January.

I really do appreciate the awesome customer service and the speedy reply here as well. Makes purchasing from your company all the more justified in my opinion.

4. Fosterions

Fosterions Member

Do you guys have a referral program? I saw on another clothing forum it mentioned in an old post. I have a few friends I want to forward to you guys after receiving my first OTR shirt and being relatively pleased with it. If I can get credit for doing so that's all the better! :)

5. spiermackay

Not at the moment. The one we had didn't work very well and was open to abuse. We may have one in the future as we're redeveloping our entire website and it will be much more easily to add secure referral programs.

6. doodledoc

doodledoc Senior member

I successfully returned a suit. Here's how it went.

I returned it on September 9th from Southern California, shipping to Ontario, Canada. I used UPS, which was $25 (S&M recommends using USPS, but UPS was $15 cheaper, initially). I told UPS that I would be responsible for all custom fees/duties and gave them my credit card info. I was charged $5 for custom fees. S&M received it my package on September 16th and I got email confirmation from S&M that it received my package. On September 21, I received my 15 CAD store credit and on September 22, I received my full refund via Paypal. This was a refund, not store credit.

UPS was roughly $10 cheaper than USPS.

It's not that easy of a process returning because of all the paperwork you have to fill out at UPS (I'm sure USPS would require the same amount of paperwork). Also, shipping back was a total of $30 though I did get 15 CAD store credit.

It was worth it though because I know what size I am in S&M suits these suits are cheaper and have the same quality as its competitors.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2015

7. dappercanadian

dappercanadian Senior member

In addition to this, there's a section on the website for a loyalty program. Is this just a remnant of a pre-existing site template or is it something that actually exists?

You can find it when you go to my account --> "view credit detials" at the bottom (which should be details btw) --> loyalty program

8. aglose

aglose Senior member

So I have decided that I have another question. Will you be using any fresco for the SS suits? I know this is pretty far off but I imagine you're starting to plan here shortly for that. Would love to see something in fresco, but I know it's a more expensive fabric. I also am curious because the clothing budget I have put together will allow me two suits between now and then, so I'm just trying to get a handle on what you guys will have available and if I can get away with one suit in January and another in May ish.

9. admts13

admts13 Member

Any idea when trousers will be re-stocked? The contemporary fit in 38 is by far the most perfectly fitting trouser that I have found.

10. spiermackay

Second Group of OTR suits are arriving next week. Here is a preview:

Navy Check - 3 Piece in Brushed Wool: $548 CAD.
    [​IMG]

Navy Pinhead - $448 CAD
    [​IMG]

Navy Bold Check - 3 Piece - $548 CAD
    [​IMG]

Light Gray Micro Houndstooth - $448 CAD
    [​IMG]

Dark Brown Birdseye - $448 CAD.
    [​IMG]

11. spiermackay

We don't have any fresco OTR suits planned for spring at this time. We may do some fresco sportcoats, but nothing confirmed yet.

12. doodledoc

doodledoc Senior member

This picture looks a lot different from the picture from your instagram.

13. spiermackay

Instragram pic is taken with a phone camera in terrible fluorescent light. These are studio pics, colour is more balanced here. Also, I think the Instragram pic has one of those filters added to it. Makes it look washed out.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2015

14. colHolm

colHolm Senior member

Rick, those checked suits look amazing. Any chance I could order some swatches? I'd love to be able to see them in person, but I won't be back in Toronto for a while.

15. spiermackay

I don't have any swatches at the moment. I'm waiting for the factory to send me my large swatches for our Custom program. Once I get those, I should be able to send you something. Check back in a week or so.