• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone with a better memory care to recap what is supposedly in the works for F/W? This is the best I can do.

-Grey Flannel Suit
-Neapolitan Corduroy Jacket in several colors
-Several tweed sport coats in solid brown and grey POW
Also recall talk of a chalk stripe offering

omgitswes

Reaction score
Will the fabric for the current Navy Hopsack Neopolitan be available again for MTM /MTO?

I purchased the jacket and trousers but the Slim fit trousers just don't work for me at all with the lower rise.

I hope so, I'll probably take advantage of this to have some matching trousers made as well

gavrarabba

Reaction score
Best affordable Harrington’s are Jump the Gun, Brutus and Merc (nice thicker fabric, but sleeves and back aren’t authentic style). Fred Perry and Ben Sherman have pros and cons. I’m sure S&M could do something great with nice cottons. Double zipper would be a good addition. Maybe G9 side adjusters.
I bought the original gustin harrington and really like it.

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear those with everything (chinos (casually), denim, more formal cotton trousers, etc). I love them so much I bought them in brown suede too

DFWWingnut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear those with everything (chinos (casually), denim, more formal cotton trousers, etc). I love them so much I bought them in brown suede too

Brilliant. I found a pair of the BB version in dark brown suede on eBay for a great price so I have those too.

hopsack74

Reaction score
You got a link to these Alden loafers of where to buy and get a bette look?

Allen Edmonds make a similar loafer with janus suede from CF Stead too. It's called the Sea Island loafer. You can get them at a heavily discounted price on the Allen Edmond factory seconds online site at shoebank.com

-Rooster-

Reaction score
Most of the complaining about customer service on here makes me roll my eyes, but I purchased the light grey fresco pant either the day it hit the site or very close to it, and my order ultimately ended in a refund and, “I genuinely don’t have any idea where it is.”

Worst part is this; the pant in my size still shows in stock on the website. I kind of want to place the order again. Can’t really trust that they know what is and is not in stock at this point; maybe it would get fulfilled this time. I’m 0 for 3 on orders being fulfilled as placed.

drfwtx

Reaction score
Most of the complaining about customer service on here makes me roll my eyes, but I purchased the light grey fresco pant either the day it hit the site or very close to it, and my order ultimately ended in a refund and, “I genuinely don’t have any idea where it is.”

Worst part is this; the pant in my size still shows in stock on the website. I kind of want to place the order again. Can’t really trust that they know what is and is not in stock at this point; maybe it would get fulfilled this time. I’m 0 for 3 on orders being fulfilled as placed.

I'm having similar experiences. Made a 3 shirt order, with one being out of stock (despite the website listing it), then had to do a return do to a sizing issue and the second order had the same problem. Love the brand and will continue being a customer, but it takes a long time to get your order shipped if there is any sort of hiccup. Thankfully, the vendor affiliate here has been super helpful.

Ezio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This made me guffaw.

sobecane

Reaction score
Can't help but think that instead of worrying about new offerings for F/W 2018 and 2019, it would be better to get full stock back for all the basics on the website that are showing as sold out or have very limited sized left.

Fresco Trousers in all colors both Slim & Contemp, oxford shirts, twill shirts, etc. Every item I click on has about 1 or no sizes left.

turbospartan

Reaction score
Looking for sizing advice, if anyone can help. Went into a SuitSupply (Denver) and tried on a Sienna in 36S and it fit almost perfectly OTR. This one specifically: https://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/sui...?cgid=Suits&prefn1=fit&prefv1=Sienna&from=pdp

From researching this thread and other sources, it seems like I would be a 36S in the Contemporary fit from Spier and Mackay? I preferred the Sienna to the Lazio / Napoli, as the Sienna has "natural" shoulders. Not sure if there is a comparable S&M.

SuitSupply Sienna 36S: 40.6" chest / 35.8" waist / 28" length / 17.3" shoulder
S&M Contemporary 36S: 40.2" chest / 35.8" waist / 27.8" length / 17.3" shoulder
S&M Slim Fit 36S: 39" chest / 34.3" waist / 27.8" length / 17.3" shoulder

I doubt the 0.4" difference in chest would matter between SuSu and S&M Contemporary, but the Slim is probably too tight in the chest with a 1.6" difference, right?

Thanks for any help.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member