• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mdubya

Reaction score

S&M's own oxford cloth is very nice!  Softer hand than typical oxford, and the samples colour was a perfect light blue.  Really looking forward to this, hopefully he makes a few up in the Compact button down collar  ;)  (C10)

Also if anyone is sitting on a pair of Light Heather Grey 33 slim or 32 Contemporary, I'll buy them off you.

Seems the lt grey heather is in high demand. Rick mentioned a similar fabric coming in their next run of trousers, maybe he can chime in on this because I am also waiting.

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes he did but I can't wait. Need it now.

For next summer I would love Rick to bring in these solids. All in either tropical wool, hopsack, or a linen blend (not 100% linen)

Light & Mid Blue
Mocha or Tobacco
Cream
Light Grey
And our course a few patterns.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Seems the lt grey heather is in high demand. Rick mentioned a similar fabric coming in their next run of trousers, maybe he can chime in on this because I am also waiting.

This is the lighter gray planned for FW. It's more of a light steel gray, very nice. The really light gray that we carried before was discontinued as a stock product by the supplier and the min. order would be 1000 metrs - too much for us to handle. We're actively looking for an alternative.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Rick, the original Model 1 suits in contemporary fit - am I remembering it correctly that they came with slim fit trousers? I want to order a few pairs of trousers from your sale and want to match my size up with my Model 1 suit.

Only the very first initial run hand Contemporary Jacket mixed with Slim Trousers. The Model 1's that came in behind it was proper Slim/Sim and Contemp/Contemp.

PM me and I can help you out.

Rick, are those $99 blazers going to be too hot if I try to wear one at an outdoor wedding next month?

I need to find a blazer and thought of you guys. Any suggestions?

The $99 Jackets are light and woudn't be too bad. However, the $249 Jackets are quarter lined and of a Wool/Linen Blend, which is much cooler wearing.

mdubya

Reaction score
Brilliant, have been waiting for a lavender twill.

Rick, i've PMed you about an order issue thats been held up a little bit, would appreciate it if you could look into it for me.

mdubya

Reaction score
This is the lighter gray planned for FW. It's more of a light steel gray, very nice. The really light gray that we carried before was discontinued as a stock product by the supplier and the min. order would be 1000 metrs - too much for us to handle. We're actively looking for an alternative.

Very nice... do we have a rough timeline of when they will be on the site? You said there will be a few other shades of solid greys too, correct?

Looking forward to it.

Johnsson

Reaction score
@SPIER & MACKAY I noticed that the BNN host pronounced your company name Spee-er. Is that correct? I've always thought it was a long "i" as in Spy-er.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Very nice... do we have a rough timeline of when they will be on the site? You said there will be a few other shades of solid greys too, correct?

Looking forward to it.

The OTR should arrive 1st week of Sept. Have a proper charcoal and medium gray coming in well.

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First order placed with S&M! 2 linen shirts, to test the fit, mainly!

If all fits well, I'll be waiting for the new collection to update my shirt wardrobe!

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

To test the fit, perhaps just do one?

Well if the measurements provided are accurate, I'm pretty sure they will indeed fit. Plus free shipping on 100$+. Sure, 8$ to ship 1 item isn't much but hey.. It's done, so!

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Well if the measurements provided are accurate, I'm pretty sure they will indeed fit. Plus free shipping on 100$+. Sure, 8$ to ship 1 item isn't much but hey.. It's done, so!

Let us know how they fit and if you have any issues our CS team is here to help!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads