• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Share your closet pictures...what do you think?

Verso

Reaction score
Originally Posted by antirabbit
That is from Ikea?
What are the dimensions? How much did it cost?
I am about to renovate our master suite and need to do this in my closet.

It's from the PAX/KOMPLEMENT system. Two PAX frames (one 100x58x236cm and one 50x58x236cm) screwed together, with a variety of KOMPLEMENT interior fittings (drawers, bars, etc.) as required. If you go to the IKEA website, there is a PAX planner thingy that will let you plan out your ideal set-up.

Only my half of the closet is pictured -- there is a mirror-image set of frames screwed on to the left side that houses my spouse's stuff.
smile.gif
We've just got it set up against the wall of a spare bedroom (which we call the walk-in closet).

The whole thing, delivered and installed, was under CAN$900. That was about 10% of the cost of a quote we got for built-in closets for that space. I'm under no illusions that IKEA is comparable to bespoke cabinetmaking, but I like to think that it's not ten times worse.

mt_spiffy

Reaction score
I would agree, definitely worth the money. I wonder how much one could save installing it themself.

jjl5000

Reaction score
Originally Posted by citoyen
may i ask who makes the pair of brown shoes in the middle-left? I really like the medallion. Lobb perhaps? Never seen that before.

Thanks,

citoyen

JL Sutton's I believe. A modern classic.

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it solid wood?

Originally Posted by Verso
It's from the PAX/KOMPLEMENT system. Two PAX frames (one 100x58x236cm and one 50x58x236cm) screwed together, with a variety of KOMPLEMENT interior fittings (drawers, bars, etc.) as required. If you go to the IKEA website, there is a PAX planner thingy that will let you plan out your ideal set-up.

Only my half of the closet is pictured -- there is a mirror-image set of frames screwed on to the left side that houses my spouse's stuff.
smile.gif
We've just got it set up against the wall of a spare bedroom (which we call the walk-in closet).

The whole thing, delivered and installed, was under CAN$900. That was about 10% of the cost of a quote we got for built-in closets for that space. I'm under no illusions that IKEA is comparable to bespoke cabinetmaking, but I like to think that it's not ten times worse.

mt_spiffy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jjl5000
JL Sutton's I believe. A modern classic.

I kind of like those as well, especially the color.

Verso

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mt_spiffy
I would agree, definitely worth the money. I wonder how much one could save installing it themself.

In my case, $75. A further $65 could have been saved had I not opted for delivery. In my view, both were money well spent. This thing is big and heavy.

Originally Posted by antirabbit
Is it solid wood?

No, particle board with veneer. The cost savings have to come from somewhere!

Originally Posted by lee lin
how does the ikea protect your clothes from dust though? is there like a curtain over it not seen in the pics?

You can get it with doors, but I opted not to. Doors are a substantial increase in cost. I hope that my clothes are adequately protected from dust by frequent wearings + brushings.

Of course, that will result in the clothes wearing out more quickly, but then I'm not buying all this stuff just to save it for future generations!

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by citoyen
may i ask who makes the pair of brown shoes in the middle-left? I really like the medallion. Lobb perhaps? Never seen that before.

Thanks,

citoyen

citoyen--

you have a good eye-- they are Lobbs, model is Sutton from the prestige line of shoes. Interestingly, a pair identical to mine just sold on ebay, same size too!

yes, please provide details and specific model info on the ikea closet stuff! it looks great, and if it is reasonable I would be interested in stocking mine the same way.

eurotrash

Reaction score
Originally Posted by The_Foxx
citoyen--

you have a good eye-- they are Lobbs, model is Sutton from the prestige line of shoes. Interestingly, a pair identical to mine just sold on ebay, same size too!

Wow, those are really nice. They look similar to a pair of EGs I'm lusting after.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just finished installing 9 rolling shelves in my closet for my shoes - top 2 shelves have higher headroom for boots. I'm pretty happy with the result
smile.gif

DSC_0331.jpg
DSC_0341.jpg

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^ Nifty!

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Verso;975172 said:
I love IKEA:
IMG_1446.JPG
Is that a RLPL blazer on the far left? The light one? I think i sold you that ages ago...It certainly went to a better home, so to speak.

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Verso, can I come over and shop in your closet? It looks like an exclusive men's store in there!

That's exactly the look I was going for in my walk-in closet, too, but my wife and I went with a decorative Elfa system instead. Here's a picture from the catalogue: http://www.containerstore.com/browse...RODID=10020571.

I don't like it as much as I like the look of your Ikea setup. I'll post pics of my walk-in after we paint and carpet the room. We remodeling right now.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads