• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Share your closet pictures...what do you think?

aleksandr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay so only the OP has closet pictures? What about everyone else!

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wish I had a walk-in closet.

I barely have a walk-in bedroom.

Slim Portly

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rssmsvc
Check out Target for a Linen Garment Bag , they are the best I have ever seen and have ventillation holes and allow your suit to breathe. They aren't online and they are usually kept in a different part of the store than closet storage for some reason. They are 10 for 2.
Thanks for the tip. Living in Las Vegas = dust everywhere, and I need not worry about mildew and such building up in plastic bags because of the lack of humidity, but still I think linen bags would be a much better option. Besides, I cringe looking at all of my suits in plastic. They look like leftovers in the ice box.

mt_spiffy

Reaction score
I love the colors in your closet . . .

I keep the majority of my suits in plastic, I've heard both arguments, so I make sure the plastic is not sealed . . . not sure exactly what's for the best.

I'll get some pictures of mine, if I can convince the woman to clear her mess out of the bottom . . . I'll never understand someone that stores clothes in piles.

HomerJ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nighttrain7404

Here is my row of leather jackets (two zegna(yes they are real), four andrew marcs, 1 sawyer of napa, 1 cole haan, 2 Jhane Barnes suedes blazers,

Here is my row of suits along the jackets (1 zegna (REAL), 1 zegna (fake..returned)..2 hugo boss, 2 collezioni, 2 luca venturini,...

lol

billiebob

Reaction score
Keeping a suit or sportcoat in those thinner than paper thin plastic shirt bags you get from the laundry is very unlikely to harm your clothing, provided you clean and Unair the garment out thoroughly before putting it away.

Clearly, rode hard and put away wet isn't good, but I have suits that have been in plastic since being dry cleaned 10 years ago and they are in perfect shape waiting for me to lose enough weight to fit into them.

That dry cleaner plastic is also so thin that any moisture gradient would be eliminated within a week or so, especially given that the bottoms are open.

Dust is my main reason for bagging suits, as well as reducing the possibility of snags when jockeying them around the closet. Unless you live in the south or in another super humid place, plastic isn't nearly the greatest threat to your clothing. Crappy hangers are way worse.

aleksandr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by billiebob
...they are in perfect shape waiting for me to lose enough weight to fit into them...

story of my life!

mt_spiffy

Reaction score
You asked for it.

My closets are horrible for two reasons:
1. Too much stuff, not enough space
2. Woman shoves all my stuff to one end to access her stuff, which is normally stored on the floor. ?!

closet.jpg

closet2.jpg

closet3.jpg

frontcloset.jpg

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll bite.
DSC_0002-4.jpg
DSC_0001-5.jpg
Most of my wovens are in that drawer, IKEA (REAL), and I've got some other **** in another closet.

mt_spiffy

Reaction score
Wow yours is so neat.

I've always had more clothes than closet space. I started buying suits when i was still a young(er) lad, living with my parents. They gave me NO closet space. An apartment I had in Virginia was gorgeous, but also had no place to hang suits.

obiwan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mt_spiffy
Wow yours is so neat.

I've always had more clothes than closet space. I started buying suits when i was still a young(er) lad, living with my parents. They gave me NO closet space. An apartment I had in Virginia was gorgeous, but also had no place to hang suits.

My Wife has the closet in our bedroom so, I turned my office into a partial closet. Now I have a very nice dressing room and a place to keep all of my clothes.

GeorgePaul

Reaction score
mt_spiffy: Please get some better shoes.

mt_spiffy

Reaction score
I love love love love love my shoes!

The leftmost half of the closet is stuff from years ago that I rarely wear. Also keep in mind, a lot of the boxes do not actually correspond to the shoes inside. But the Robert Wayne's, the Zota's, the Fratelli's, the Raphael's, and a few others are my pride and joy. Most of the people here dont like them. I could care less. See my shoe threads
smile.gif

jsherman02

Reaction score
Here is how my spring closet looks.....or my racks look. I rotate my clothing/shoes every season so it is not too much to deal with..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads