• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Thanks for the recs gentlemen seems a lot of people are interested in this type of boot. I'll have to narrow down my preference and possibly try on before purchasing since it's impossible to find some on feet pics for the boots i'm looking at.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
@jet
I’m still looking for the same thing.
Although I want a dainite sole or something for ****** weather which probably isn’t a concern for you.
Best I’ve found so far is the Tricker’s Lambourn model, which looks very CM at some places but pretty perfect at some others. And that seems mostly to do with the leather.

But if you find something let me know!

These look fantastic. Have you tried a pair on?

baltimoron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
xpost from WAYWT

Happy 2019 everyone!

As we celebrate the new year, I want to take a quick moment to celebrate some of the best of Styleforum in 2018. That's right, I've once again compiled our top rated fits. This year's list now includes the top 100 posts as well as a newcomer category that I'll explain below. Albums are linked in each header*.

*Side note: This year I'm hosting albums on Google Photos, since I hate imgur and imagepost decided to delete my previous album. If there's any issue in accessing the albums let me know and I can find alternative hosting services. Also, photos are sorted randomly in each album, so the order does not correspond to the number of thumbs for each.

The Top 100
One thing that's clear from this album is that if 2017 was the the year of @conceptual 4est, 2018 was the year of @penanceroyaltea. It seems everything that man does turns to gold (seriously, follow him on insta to see). Despite Prt's domination (over 10% of the top thumbed fits this year), 51 different users contributed to the top 100. One of my favorite parts of this process is getting to see the diversity of styles we have here, and I think the number of different users in this album is indicative of that variability of interests.

Unique users: 51
Mean thumbs per fit: 13.4
Median thumbs per fit: 7
Max thumbs: 66
Min thumbs necessary to make top 100: 50

The distribution of thumbs for 2018
View attachment 1099169

For comparison, the distribution of thumbs for 2017
View attachment 1099168

The Newcomers (kind of)
One trend you'll probably notice is that our top thumb farmers are veterans of the site. In this section, I want to highlight the top 25 (edit: scratch that, now 50!) fits from some of the new posters to SWD WAYWT in 2018. You'll notice I put 'kind of' in the header here and that's because I set the criteria for this list to only include users that posted in 2018 that did not post in 2017, so older users that did not post in 2017 were included. I hope many of the new and returning users continue to keep posting and adding to the community.

The Top 50 CM fits
Finally, I think it's healthy to get as many different perspectives about clothes as we can. To that end, I compiled the top 50 fits from the HOF: WAYRN thread on the CM side*.

*I have a feeling that inevitably, someone is going to use this to try and snipe at the other side of the forum so I'm going to try to preempt that by saying there are many things to learn about color, texture, and fit from one another. This is one such opportunity to do so.

The Best of SWD WAYWT - 2017
Because imagepost deleted my previous album. I also expanded this album to include the top 100 from that year.

As usual, sorry SF for whatever demands I put on your server and I look forward to the 2019 recap.

Following up on the 2018 recap, I compiled a few more years of photos. I encourage people to drop their favorite fits or to chime in on some of the memories from these pictures!

Best of SWD 2013
Best of SWD 2015
Best of SWD 2016

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Frank
Snow
Kgfan
Iwri
Dark in stitches
Diniro
Ghost
Spope

Last edited:

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn some truly epic fits that I've hoarded now haha

Surprised I made it in '16. I didn't think I was putting ito anything worthwhile till recently haha

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Or having my desires for a red 5 zip renewed

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like Montbell so much more than Patagonia. I probably have five pieces of outerwear from them. Build and cut are so nice, and the prices are much more reasonable than Patagonia. Every time I walk into the Patagonia "outlet" near me, I just SMH at the prices.

I'm okay with prices because of the other stuff they do. It fits me well, the branding isn't obnoxious. I dunno, I think it's important to buy "ethical" (there's no ethical consumption yada yada) stuff if you can, and I'd happily shell out more money if it means more corporate responsibility, especially for outdoors companies.

I don't know much about Montbell but I think it's good that Patagonia is extremely forward with their activism and transparency. They list their factories even if they're in China and Vietnam, their down standards is probably the highest in the industry for their size, they respond quickly to problems that come up in terms of ethics of sourcing, and they even roam around and fix your patagonia **** for free, etc. I just think it's important. Hell, they even donated the $10mil they made from the Trump tax breaks.

It's kind of the wonderful space between fast and "high" fashion. Like, it's not cheap, but it is cheap in comparison to what we buy here, yet it's durable, some things are very well designed, but it has the accessibility in a lot of ways as fast fashion...

Feit does something similar with their shoes that I think is really nice. Their shoes are made in China but they're really explicit about it, and the Chinese makers actually sign a card that's included in the box. It's a thick, very nice card, and I was surprised to see it when I ordered something. It's refreshing to see Chinese made stuff given the elevation and pride that comes with artisan things, in comparison to Visvim who silently just makes things in China. Ya know, it's these things that are positive that I think it's nicer to toss our money towards

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
And they already offer this for @LA Guy

14007-2-450x309.jpg

That there's some suede, just to say it.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That one reedo pic was great