• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@ghdvfddzgzdzg You should definitely check out APC's newer cut, "Low Standard". Higher rise, much better fit in the seat than what I remembered back in the days wearing raw denim in the New/Petite Standard cut. Low Standard is like the perfect medium of the former two. I actually really like the two pairs I have albeit the waist is a bit large so I really have to cinch the belt. I would not size down though, might take it in slightly through alterations. TTS I say, I ordered a 32 in both and usually a 48 bottom.

I actually picked up both of these last spring I believe on sale, would like a lighter wash in blue.

Edit: I guess what I want really is more of a wash/fade in the indigo spectrum. There is an OL in First Cut fit with a pretty nice wash this season, might just go with those.

Washed Indigo
nomad-apc-117-low-standard-indigo-delave-denim-1.jpg

Bleached
apc-blue-new-standard-bleached-out-product-1-22284044-3-948293209-normal.jpeg

The late 80s are well and truly back. I wonder when feathered hair will rebecome a thing.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The late 80s are well and truly back. I wonder when feathered hair will rebecome a thing.

Weren't the 80s back 12+ years ago?

Granted, that's enough time to have gone through another cycle.

**** - between Lil Pump calling Cole an "old head" and this, maybe I am old.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Weren't the 80s back 12+ years ago?

Granted, that's enough time to have gone through another cycle.

**** - between Lil Pump calling Cole an "old head" and this, maybe I am old.
2006? No way. But the early eighties have been coming back gradually for a while now. I was waiting for the moment Obama's jeans would be cool, and... now they are, along with his running shoes.

kashmir

Reaction score
Always happens whenever a generation is getting into workforce and real life and suddenly their childhood is "soo much better"

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had an interesting convo with Howard Gee of AB Fits in SF today. Among other things, he mentioned that the “new thing” with smaller makers is to skip big shows (Pitti, Magic, etc), and have smaller shows biannually with dissimilar makers. The reasoning is that such shows are offensively expensive (Pitti booths are $5000 and up), not including travel, hotel, etc. He’ll be teaming with SNS Herring and several other small companies in NY in June.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2006? No way. But the early eighties have been coming back gradually for a while now. I was waiting for the moment Obama's jeans would be cool, and... now they are, along with his running shoes.

Then what was this?

upload_2018-4-22_8-55-50.png

(aside from Dov Charney being a lech).

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I feel like summer is finally here, places heating up.

Anyone seen some good washed denim? I have a pair of APC in stone wash but want an even lighter pair. I've seen some of Our Legacy First Cut jeans that sort of fit the aesthetic. Anything else? Looking for a slim straight, 19cm fit in the legs. A high rise would be ideal. I might just browse Levi's .

Orslow 107 three-year wash is exactly what you’re looking for Toasty, high rise and everything.

mmmargeologist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just discovered a cool spot for fellow engineered garments lovers. I stumbled into a fun little tailoring shop called Bykowski Tailor and Garb while strolling around Austin. Its like if EG was produced in 1849. I visited the website, and im not crazy about the presentation and styling but in person, its well worth seeing. Highly recommend for anyone traveling to Austin.

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Definitely slim straight, and with a 7.5” leg opening, which I think is what Toasty is looking for. Haven’t tried the 105s.

habitant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recently went to a raw denim shop (yes they still exist) it was a lot of fun. Easy to find a good pair, ended up with a pair of PBJs and I’m very happy with them. It’s weird to already feel nostalgic about something relatively recent.

MeatFish

Reaction score
I've been wanting a pair of 107 3 year washes but haven't seen any pictures of them in anything larger than a 3, and worried it might be one of those things that look worse the larger the size.
I'll probably end up giving them a try regardless.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads