• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

once a day - Official Affiliate Thread

Paul902

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As "once a day" is about seizing the moment, and being dressed for it, here are a couple from the weekend...

Saturday night jazz and pizza with Canadian Vintage Shoe Mogul @Jiqea and the lovely Ruby Tuesday. She gave the orange dress socks a thorough investigation and thumbs up!

IMG_0055.jpg

I followed that up this holiday Monday with a ski along the Ottawa River. It was -8 C, with -15 C windchill, but beautifully sunny. Here the casual wool socks are keeping my feet snug as a bug inside my Mad-Shoes, along with some scenery (nod to Mr. Karsh).
IMG_5615.JPG
IMG_5619.JPG
IMG_5620.JPG

once a day

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
So I volunteered to trial Once a Day's socks and received two pairs shipped via Fedex, a thicker brown pair and a thinner grey pair. Both pairs merino wool and made in Japan.

Hand feel is very nice.

Have worn the thicker pair around the house - first impression is that are true to size, stay up, and are very comfy. Can't wait to try them with boots when it gets colder again.

Will be wearing the thinner pair this week.

@cchen - Thanks for the feedback. I'm in contact now with GlenClyde to proceed with the final round. We're considering the following updates:

- Dress sock: add one nylon seam at the top of the shaft to make them even more durable when washing
- Casual sock: make the shaft a tad looser, without jeopardizing the fit.

Again, thanks for all your support and we do look forward to seeing some photos of you rocking them socks :)

once a day

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
As "once a day" is about seizing the moment, and being dressed for it, here are a couple from the weekend...

Saturday night jazz and pizza with Canadian Vintage Shoe Mogul @Jiqea and the lovely Ruby Tuesday. She gave the orange dress socks a thorough investigation and thumbs up!

View attachment 1129027

I followed that up this holiday Monday with a ski along the Ottawa River. It was -8 C, with -15 C windchill, but beautifully sunny. Here the casual wool socks are keeping my feet snug as a bug inside my Mad-Shoes, along with some scenery (nod to Mr. Karsh).
View attachment 1129028 View attachment 1129038 View attachment 1129039

Love it @Paul902 !! I also love the norwegian Madshus skis - a shout out to the Norwegians who will most likely own Sweden in the upcoming world cup.

Hoping the Harvey can capture some medals for Canada. Anders and I saw him back in Falun - and he's an amazing skier.

Cheers,
Karin

Paul902

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks so much, Karin! With the socks I now have a solid Scandinavian ski combo! Good luck for Sweden in your World Cup today. I see some Swedish flags in this years standings so far, especially on the women's side. Maybe you'll have home advantage!! :)

Paul

once a day

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks OaD. These are great. I have a few Italian-made knit ties purchased in Naples but these are the first (and second) with the dots sewn into the tie. Beautiful! I will buy more. Any chance of some striped knit or maybe some shantung ties?

@brax - Sorry for completely dropping the ball here, apologies for the late response! Firstly, thanks for the love. We're very proud of the collection, and our supplier truly delivers great quality. We just had a meeting with Giorgio during his trip to Hong Kong about the next collection for the fall. Shantung ties are right up there :)

once a day

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Our cashmere scarves are pretty darn sweet. And now they're on sale. Get yours at USD 126. 30% discount on an already great price point.

We source our scarves from the same supplier as our tie collection (@brax can attest to the quality/value), and we discovered that we are in good company during our visit.

Minimalist design, quality cashmere:
scarf-cashmere-wool-made-in-italy.jpg
scarf-cashmere-wool-made-in-italy-supplier.jpg

cchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just wore the casual sock on a flight. Hand feeling and construction seem great, but the major issue was that it kept falling down. Had to re-adjust several times. Within a few minutes it would fall down again. It's otherwise great but I wouldn't wear this pair often if it kept falling down

once a day

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Just wore the casual sock on a flight. Hand feeling and construction seem great, but the major issue was that it kept falling down. Had to re-adjust several times. Within a few minutes it would fall down again. It's otherwise great but I wouldn't wear this pair often if it kept falling down

Thanks for sharing @cchen - we really value your input. How does the dress socks fit you? Most of the feedback has actually been that the casual socks are too tight in the shaft and needs to be a bit looser. Granted it's a matter of preference. Please feel free sharing some pics here as well, love to see how they look.

many thanks,
Karin

cchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing @cchen - we really value your input. How does the dress socks fit you? Most of the feedback has actually been that the casual socks are too tight in the shaft and needs to be a bit looser. Granted it's a matter of preference. Please feel free sharing some pics here as well, love to see how they look.

many thanks,
Karin

Hi Karin

I didn't find them too tight, if anything they are too loose which is why they might be falling down. The overall fit is OK if not just slightly long. i'm 5'7" for reference.

once a day

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Karin

I didn't find them too tight, if anything they are too loose which is why they might be falling down. The overall fit is OK if not just slightly long. i'm 5'7" for reference.

Hej Hej @cchen

I know, that's why we're so surprised to learn this, since most other users are going the other way (too tight shaft). We had 15 trial users world wide, and your input is therefore very valuable. So we've arrived at a conclusion that it is more about the elasticity. We've added a bit more Elastane in the final version, keeping the merino wool component the same, reducing nylon slightly. We love to see some photos here if you don't mind sharing (Btw- your intsa is 100%).

All the best,
Anders

once a day

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Folks - they're finally here - our new jacket designs for our made to measure program!

Soon available in our online store at onceaday.se

1) select design (see below)
2) customize fabric and buttons (Reda and VBC fabrics)
2) select deconstructed, half, or full canvas

All comes with a Spalla Camicia shoulder and bemberg lining.

once-a-day-double.jpg once-a-day-italy-patch.jpg once-a-day-italy.jpg once-a-day-patch.jpg once-a-day-peaked.jpg

View attachment 1164988

once-a-day-two.jpg

once a day

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The weather has turned warm and so I decided to give this OaD tie a trial run. Good stuff.

@brax what a great shot, thanks for sharing!!! The red pairs well with the red.... Out of curiosity, which knot do you use the cri de la soie?

Again, we really appreciate the love!

Cheers,
Karin

once a day

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The OAD anthem...

We were having a pop-up in Hong Kong back in May, and one of the co-founders Shuta were in charge of the playlist. As we're ironing shirts, Karin, who's the smart one in group, recognized Cooper's voice and wisdom sampled in this song. It was 100% random and at the same time 100% destiny... Enjoy the tune, it's a great way to start the day!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads