• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

once a day - Official Affiliate Thread

once a day

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I ordered two knit spotted ties from you recently. Looking forward to seeing them.

Excellent - we're a bit caught in between shipping out all orders and the Lunar New Year holidays here in Hong Kong. Appreciate the support!

once a day

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I got my ties today and they're very quite nice. I am, however, suspicious at how much packaging is needed. Is a box, with three individual boxes for ties all wrapped in tissue paper with tissue paper padding inside the boxes really needed? Of course I appreciate the effort but you could probably fit all three ties and the card in a single long box rather than four boxes.

pointed feedback - we have yet to find the best packaging / logistics solution for sending with FedEx with Accessories only. We love to see a few photos of you rocking your tie if you don't mind

Thanks for your support!

:worship:

once a day

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Are your ties and pocket squares that are of the same type (e.g. grey knitted tie, grey knitted pocket square) designed to be worn together? Thanks.

Thanks for your consideration/question!

Yes - they're designed for to be easily paired with a pocket square of your choice. Opt for a similar color for the knits for a balanced look with symmetry (true for all knitted ties) or select your favorite city for the 7-fold. Our 3-Folds all can be paired easily with the silk print.

once a day

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
A little while ago I replied to a post from @once a day regarding socks they have in testing, as I love wool and have been looking for a durable mid-weight option. I offered to do some testing here in Canada. Yesterday I received two pairs of merino socks of different weights and a lovely hand written note from Karin. They look great, and I'm looking forward to putting them through their paces. I'm delighted to be part of Beta testing on these. Thanks, guys!

View attachment 1120135
View attachment 1120138 View attachment 1120136 View attachment 1120137

Thanks for sharing Paul - glad the eventually made it to Canada. Love the Cream socks that you posted!!

:inlove:

once a day

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
How high are these socks (are the over the calf)? And how much would they cost? It’s hard to find reasonably priced OTC merino wool dress socks here in Toronto (meaning not $30 CAD or more).

We'll post a few photos in a bit so you can see how they'll fit over the calf. I'd say they're Mid/high calf. Not over the calf (these might come later on).

Paul received two pairs, all in Merino wool from Australia, one that are more classic dress socks and one that are active/casual.

We intend to price them at around 20 USD per pair, and 50 USD for a pack of three. Cuz 3 is a magic number...

Cheers,
Karin

once a day

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I would think $30+ CAD is reaonsable for quality OTC Merino wool dress socks.

Great - stay tuned Patrick - we're finailizing the order with our mill now in Japan. They're great, taking their time to get it right!

once a day

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I'm not sure what happened here, but it seems like the keeper wasn't sewn on completely. There are two little loops emanating from the 'tack' but they don't connect to each other so there's no loop that keeps that corner on. It's something minor and I'll fix it up, but maybe some better care with sewing there would be good.

View attachment 1121298

Thanks for noticing this @Deonyi - the tag can indeed be used as a keeper but most of our knits are normally worn loose. We check all items before shipping, so please feel free to utilize your return right as well, it's important for us that you like you new goods.

Cheers,
Karin

once a day

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Started testing on the heavier weight pair today. Here are some details.

The finishing of my test pair is very good. I have not found any flaws. You can see the overall loft is similar, maybe a touch thicker, than my Corgi wool socks.
View attachment 1120885

The once a day by Glen Clyde, however, are a bit more technical. They use a thicker weave underneath the foot, and the toe and heel boxes. They have a bit of a cuff, as well. This is a similar design to my good Bridgedale hiking/skiing socks.
View attachment 1120886
View attachment 1120887

I am a UK8.5 and the pair I have fit nice and snug, coming up to my mid calf. The merino wool is soft and comfortable, not itchy, and feels cushy underfoot.
View attachment 1120888

Here they are with my vintage Dack's and a pair of Façonnable 5-pockets. Happiness is a new pair of socks!

View attachment 1120889

Great Paul - looking forward to hear your feedback on the dress socks. They're quite different from this current pair.

Cheers,
Karin

Paul902

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing Paul - glad the eventually made it to Canada. Love the Cream socks that you posted!!

:inlove:

Great Paul - looking forward to hear your feedback on the dress socks. They're quite different from this current pair.

Cheers,
Karin

Hi Karin, I'll try the dress socks soon, but for now I am loving these thicker casual socks! Their loft is nicely filling these Alden's today, and I am loving the cream colour. I must admit that the cream would not have been my first choice, but now that I have them they feel very versatile, elegant and are an easy pairing with earth tone shoes and pants. Still feeling super comfy and warm. We have a sunny weekend coming up and I expect to give them a bigger workout in my nordic ski boots.

PF1_1807.JPG

once a day

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Karin, I'll try the dress socks soon, but for now I am loving these thicker casual socks! Their loft is nicely filling these Alden's today, and I am loving the cream colour. I must admit that the cream would not have been my first choice, but now that I have them they feel very versatile, elegant and are an easy pairing with earth tone shoes and pants. Still feeling super comfy and warm. We have a sunny weekend coming up and I expect to give them a bigger workout in my nordic ski boots.

View attachment 1121679

That look is 100% on point!!!!

Glad you like them and that they indeed are versatile. Some people testing them can’t quite fit them into their more dressy shoes, yet we are glad/surprised to hear that they fit well into country style shoes, not only boots.

Paul902

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That look is 100% on point!!!!

Glad you like them and that they indeed are versatile. Some people testing them can’t quite fit them into their more dressy shoes, yet we are glad/surprised to hear that they fit well into country style shoes, not only boots.
Thank you! Those Alden's do have a bit of extra room, I guess is normal for shell. I don't think the socks would fit into my closest fitting dress shoes.

Can we start off with the dress socks like this?

PF1_1813.JPG

once a day

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thank you! Those Alden's do have a bit of extra room, I guess is normal for shell. I don't think the socks would fit into my closest fitting dress shoes.

Can we start off with the dress socks like this?

View attachment 1122861

Great photo - I must say the image quality is really nice and crisp - what camera do you use?

a bit off topic but they're really great :)

Paul902

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great photo - I must say the image quality is really nice and crisp - what camera do you use?

a bit off topic but they're really great :)

Thank you. I'm shooting with a Nikon D200, and that shot was with the 18-75mm f3.5-4.5. Not my absolute best piece of glass, but versatile and gets the job done. The shot is helped by the abundant light coming through a nearby sliding door, and the use of a tripod.

once a day

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thank you. I'm shooting with a Nikon D200, and that shot was with the 18-75mm f3.5-4.5. Not my absolute best piece of glass, but versatile and gets the job done. The shot is helped by the abundant light coming through a nearby sliding door, and the use of a tripod.

Yes, the natural light really comes through nicely! looking forward to more pics after some more wear :lurk:

cchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I volunteered to trial Once a Day's socks and received two pairs shipped via Fedex, a thicker brown pair and a thinner grey pair. Both pairs merino wool and made in Japan.

Hand feel is very nice.

Have worn the thicker pair around the house - first impression is that are true to size, stay up, and are very comfy. Can't wait to try them with boots when it gets colder again.

Will be wearing the thinner pair this week.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads