• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it's changed my marginal propensity to purchase, possibly for the best; and some of that is because as a longstanding Luxire customer I have a lot of my needs fulfilled.

Luxire offered literally unbeatable value for money - including against ready to wear once you factored in alterations. I now think they're no longer unbeatable in an absolute sense, but still offer excellent value especially if you have a good pattern on file.

But yes, through the combination of the weaking pound against the dollar, taxes and charges, and perhaps fewer eye-catching promotions future purchases will be carefully considered rather than impulse buys.

norMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
when I started to buy from luxire they were the cheapest online MTM operation I could find. And after several iterations of shirts and trousers I am now very happy with my patters.

With the VAT change they now cost the same as several other online MTM companies. At the same time the RTW market has evolved and there is now several new makers with intereting "sartorial" products.

I will still buy from luxire, their selection of cloth and possibilities is simply so good, but will also look to other rtw makers for some products. I dont see the need to start a journey with any other online MTM company.

Proleet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think people have had most succes with sending in a garment and work off that. I’m happy with the patterns that I have now and pretty much my entire work/smart casual clothing is from Luxire.

that being said, I will say on some fabrics the price difference between them and rtw shops like Spier&McKay is becoming quite big (Brisbane moss moleskin or cords cost about 2x at Luxire now)

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
just caught up on the last few pages, excited about the quicker turn around...does it still apply when sending in a pair of pants to copy as a measurement example?
Yes! Applies to almost everything. May be add another day or 2 for pattern making.

Last edited:

DavidLane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes! Applies to everything. May be add another day or 2 for pattern making.

Even custom washes on Denim/Chambray shirts?!?
chambray.JPG

-DL

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

the arbitrary

Reaction score
Any opinion about Luxire's outerwear? (pea coat, trench coat, top coat etc.)
What do you honestly think about these?
Do you think those are good value, considering the price?
Or is it less bang for your buck than either shirts or trousers because outerwear has more leeway in sizing so that tailoring perfect is not that necessary?

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Is Luxire's office still open and receiving parcels? My DHL shipment to them has attempted delivery twice (during business hours) and both have failed?
Everything is working fine. Our office is currently manned 24 hours.
Please send us an email with your tracking details.

the arbitrary

Reaction score
@luxire
I think your website's outerwear section is a little bit confusing and unorganized. (https://luxire.com/collections/outerwear)
To name a few
1. "Charcoal Grey Wool Flannel Peacoat" with trouser image.
2. There are many options in https://luxire.com/collections/outerwear/products/luxire-wool-peacoat#/ for example Dugdale black, Dugdale navy etc. and customers can't know what those look like because images left are not specified. (Or not complete clothes, but just fabric image)
3. Like 2, if you've put many peacoat options in "Luxire Wool Peacoat", why are there other peacoat item pages seperately? (https://www.luxire.com/collections/outerwear/products/grey-mini-gingham-peacoat#/, https://www.luxire.com/collections/outerwear/products/black-wool-flannel-peacoat etc.) I think it's consistent to choose either to put all peacoat options into one page OR to put one option per one item page.
4. Ambiguous price range (for example Dugdale Charcoal - 25 Oz : $849.99 - $1,149.99 in Luxire Wool Overcoat). When I add it to the cart it is always its most expensive price of that range.

From what I see, I guess that Luxire cares less about outerwear section than other sections.
I'm not criticizing because, maybe outerwear is low-demand so that it's low priority for them to care. And after all, it's your business priority decision, so I understand.
I'm just suggesting, or asking a favor, for Luxire to care more about outerwear, for the future.

Last edited:

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Good to know. I sent an email yesterday with the tracking details (order 38262 in subject heading)
Our team will follow up on it on Monday

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@luxire
I think your website's outerwear section is a little bit confusing and unorganized. (https://luxire.com/collections/outerwear)
To name a few
1. "Charcoal Grey Wool Flannel Peacoat" with trouser image.
2. There are many options in https://luxire.com/collections/outerwear/products/luxire-wool-peacoat#/ for example Dugdale black, Dugdale navy etc. and customers can't know what those look like because images left are not specified. (Or not complete clothes, but just fabric image)
3. Like 2, if you've put many peacoat options in "Luxire Wool Peacoat", why are there other peacoat item pages seperately? (https://www.luxire.com/collections/outerwear/products/grey-mini-gingham-peacoat#/, https://www.luxire.com/collections/outerwear/products/black-wool-flannel-peacoat etc.) I think it's consistent to choose either to put all peacoat options into one page OR to put one option per one item page.
4. Ambiguous price range (for example Dugdale Charcoal - 25 Oz : $849.99 - $1,149.99 in Luxire Wool Overcoat). When I add it to the cart it is always its most expensive price of that range.

From what I see, I guess that Luxire cares less about outerwear section than other sections.
I'm not criticizing because, maybe outerwear is low-demand so that it's low priority for them to care. And after all, it's their business priority decision, so I understand.
I'm just suggesting, or ask a favor, for Luxire to care more about outerwear, for the future.
Thank you! Will fix it.
You can write to us an email or PM me to discuss your outerwear needs. There are solutions beyond the visible.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads