• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Please visit ou very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are posted, including the latest, updated, very comprehensive, Styleforum Black Friday Sales List

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Y'all, anyone have any issues where the final garment is actually worse fitting then the trial fit? I sent in pictures and got fit adjustments, but just received the final garment today and it's all off. I want to like this company so bad, but there's always something wrong, with every single order...
This is very surprising to me. Not saying you're wrong, but I've probably thrown at least $6-8k Luxire's way through the years and literally never had an issue. And if I had one initially, it's been sorted out immediately. I guess I'm lucky.

I wonder if the problem could be derived from which tailor you're assigned with Luxire. Either way, quality control should secure these things. Have you reached out to @luxire?

Last edited:

norMD

Reaction score
Y'all, anyone have any issues where the final garment is actually worse fitting then the trial fit? I sent in pictures and got fit adjustments, but just received the final garment today and it's all off. I want to like this company so bad, but there's always something wrong, with every single order...

You should check the measurments and reach out to luxire.

Sometimes if the trial fabric has better drape it will hide flaws. There are several examples in this thread of trouser-patterns that look good with heavy weight cloths, but terrible with lightweigth cloths.

TBY

Reaction score
I'm curious to hear a few thoughts on the value of Luxire given recent changes to import tax/customs.

I have bought a few things over the past couple of years and been extremely happy with the product and the service. Luxire's ability to Nail fit while offering excellent fabrics at very reasonable prices has brought me back again and again.

However, now that more orders than not will likely incur customs charges, I am starting to review my purchasing approach and general thoughts. I move between Asia and the UK: Import duty is likely at my UK address and customs charges likely in Asia, particularly since COVID. Recent charges on orders bear this out, as does anecdotal evidence from other posters.

Balancing those factors: Luxire now has faster turnaround time than ever, imports from many companies are also increasingly liable to fees and duties and the quality of products remains impeccable.

Coupled with the lack of a Black Friday sale, what are people's thoughts on the continuing value for money of Luxire? Living in China, I have access to an excellent tailor, as well as a couple of well-known M2M stores in Shanghai. I do like the value, ease and quality of Luxire, however, particularly for trousers.

I want to continue to use Luxire, do not wish to unduly criticise and am generally curious about Luxire and other members' thoughts.

boot_owl

Reaction score
I'm curious to hear a few thoughts on the value of Luxire given recent changes to import tax/customs.

I have bought a few things over the past couple of years and been extremely happy with the product and the service. Luxire's ability to Nail fit while offering excellent fabrics at very reasonable prices has brought me back again and again.

However, now that more orders than not will likely incur customs charges, I am starting to review my purchasing approach and general thoughts. I move between Asia and the UK: Import duty is likely at my UK address and customs charges likely in Asia, particularly since COVID. Recent charges on orders bear this out, as does anecdotal evidence from other posters.

Balancing those factors: Luxire now has faster turnaround time than ever, imports from many companies are also increasingly liable to fees and duties and the quality of products remains impeccable.

Coupled with the lack of a Black Friday sale, what are people's thoughts on the continuing value for money of Luxire? Living in China, I have access to an excellent tailor, as well as a couple of well-known M2M stores in Shanghai. I do like the value, ease and quality of Luxire, however, particularly for trousers.

I want to continue to use Luxire, do not wish to unduly criticise and am generally curious about Luxire and other members' thoughts.
I think it's a perfectly reasonable question. Prior to the increased enforcement of duties and taxes, Luxire had (IMO) the identity of being ultra-customisable, good quality, and lower priced than many online competitors.

They have been put in the position of either absorbing the cost of these duties to remain low priced, or adapting in some other way. Assuming that competitors will also face the same customs issue, strategically it doesn't make sense to absorb the cost as that would be quite a major hit. Instead, Luxire appears to want to carve itself a niche of becoming ultra custom, good quality, and the fastest. Pretty admirable pivot given the cost angle is no longer realistic.

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it's changed my marginal propensity to purchase, possibly for the best; and some of that is because as a longstanding Luxire customer I have a lot of my needs fulfilled.

Luxire offered literally unbeatable value for money - including against ready to wear once you factored in alterations. I now think they're no longer unbeatable in an absolute sense, but still offer excellent value especially if you have a good pattern on file.

But yes, through the combination of the weaking pound against the dollar, taxes and charges, and perhaps fewer eye-catching promotions future purchases will be carefully considered rather than impulse buys.

norMD

Reaction score
when I started to buy from luxire they were the cheapest online MTM operation I could find. And after several iterations of shirts and trousers I am now very happy with my patters.

With the VAT change they now cost the same as several other online MTM companies. At the same time the RTW market has evolved and there is now several new makers with intereting "sartorial" products.

I will still buy from luxire, their selection of cloth and possibilities is simply so good, but will also look to other rtw makers for some products. I dont see the need to start a journey with any other online MTM company.

Proleet

Reaction score
I think people have had most succes with sending in a garment and work off that. I’m happy with the patterns that I have now and pretty much my entire work/smart casual clothing is from Luxire.

that being said, I will say on some fabrics the price difference between them and rtw shops like Spier&McKay is becoming quite big (Brisbane moss moleskin or cords cost about 2x at Luxire now)

classicalthunde

Reaction score
just caught up on the last few pages, excited about the quicker turn around...does it still apply when sending in a pair of pants to copy as a measurement example?

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
just caught up on the last few pages, excited about the quicker turn around...does it still apply when sending in a pair of pants to copy as a measurement example?
Yes! Applies to almost everything. May be add another day or 2 for pattern making.

Last edited:

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

the arbitrary

Reaction score
Any opinion about Luxire's outerwear? (pea coat, trench coat, top coat etc.)
What do you honestly think about these?
Do you think those are good value, considering the price?
Or is it less bang for your buck than either shirts or trousers because outerwear has more leeway in sizing so that tailoring perfect is not that necessary?

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Is Luxire's office still open and receiving parcels? My DHL shipment to them has attempted delivery twice (during business hours) and both have failed?
Everything is working fine. Our office is currently manned 24 hours.
Please send us an email with your tracking details.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's