• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Megakurth

Reaction score
Excellent -- this could be the beginnings of a new best seller for Luxire -- who knows? At any rate, you'll have me a customer. I've just sent you a PM regarding some details.
I’d potentially be interested in this as well, or even something such as dust covers (since unfortunately everything is getting a bit less wear)

M.Olsson

Reaction score
Any recommendations for a heavyweight, machine washable, cotton fabric suitable for trousers?

emptym

Reaction score
Six year old Luxire linen shorts, still going strong:
IMG_8790.jpeg

Pic taken by my 7 yr old daughter for the Friday Trad thread to imitate this one:
1477652-8fc5c0353f7e55b6097cfec0783531ef.jpg.png

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question regarding the new VAT system in place with @luxire
Has anything changed for U.S. customers? Should U.S. customers expect additional costsupon delivery?

The reason I'm asking is because the website states the following before check out: In EU, you may be charged vat and import duties during delivery.

Does this mean that the cost U.S. customers pay at check out is the total cost and that they shouldn't expect any additional costs (VAT/duties/fees) upon delivery to the U.S.?

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Question regarding the new VAT system in place with @luxire
Has anything changed for U.S. customers? Should U.S. customers expect additional costsupon delivery?

The reason I'm asking is because the website states the following before check out: In EU, you may be charged vat and import duties during delivery.

Does this mean that the cost U.S. customers pay at check out is the total cost and that they shouldn't expect any additional costs (VAT/duties/fees) upon delivery to the U.S.?
In the US, items upto the value of $800 are not charged any import duties. Hence, to them, the price at checkout is final price they pay.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In the US, items upto the value of $800 are not charged any import duties. Hence, to them, the price at checkout is final price they pay.
Thanks for the quick reply. Good to know about the $800 limit as well.

cuponoodles

Reaction score
Y'all, anyone have any issues where the final garment is actually worse fitting then the trial fit? I sent in pictures and got fit adjustments, but just received the final garment today and it's all off. I want to like this company so bad, but there's always something wrong, with every single order...

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Y'all, anyone have any issues where the final garment is actually worse fitting then the trial fit? I sent in pictures and got fit adjustments, but just received the final garment today and it's all off. I want to like this company so bad, but there's always something wrong, with every single order...
This is very surprising to me. Not saying you're wrong, but I've probably thrown at least $6-8k Luxire's way through the years and literally never had an issue. And if I had one initially, it's been sorted out immediately. I guess I'm lucky.

I wonder if the problem could be derived from which tailor you're assigned with Luxire. Either way, quality control should secure these things. Have you reached out to @luxire?

Last edited:

norMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You should check the measurments and reach out to luxire.

Sometimes if the trial fabric has better drape it will hide flaws. There are several examples in this thread of trouser-patterns that look good with heavy weight cloths, but terrible with lightweigth cloths.

TBY

Reaction score
I'm curious to hear a few thoughts on the value of Luxire given recent changes to import tax/customs.

I have bought a few things over the past couple of years and been extremely happy with the product and the service. Luxire's ability to Nail fit while offering excellent fabrics at very reasonable prices has brought me back again and again.

However, now that more orders than not will likely incur customs charges, I am starting to review my purchasing approach and general thoughts. I move between Asia and the UK: Import duty is likely at my UK address and customs charges likely in Asia, particularly since COVID. Recent charges on orders bear this out, as does anecdotal evidence from other posters.

Balancing those factors: Luxire now has faster turnaround time than ever, imports from many companies are also increasingly liable to fees and duties and the quality of products remains impeccable.

Coupled with the lack of a Black Friday sale, what are people's thoughts on the continuing value for money of Luxire? Living in China, I have access to an excellent tailor, as well as a couple of well-known M2M stores in Shanghai. I do like the value, ease and quality of Luxire, however, particularly for trousers.

I want to continue to use Luxire, do not wish to unduly criticise and am generally curious about Luxire and other members' thoughts.

boot_owl

Reaction score
I'm curious to hear a few thoughts on the value of Luxire given recent changes to import tax/customs.

I have bought a few things over the past couple of years and been extremely happy with the product and the service. Luxire's ability to Nail fit while offering excellent fabrics at very reasonable prices has brought me back again and again.

However, now that more orders than not will likely incur customs charges, I am starting to review my purchasing approach and general thoughts. I move between Asia and the UK: Import duty is likely at my UK address and customs charges likely in Asia, particularly since COVID. Recent charges on orders bear this out, as does anecdotal evidence from other posters.

Balancing those factors: Luxire now has faster turnaround time than ever, imports from many companies are also increasingly liable to fees and duties and the quality of products remains impeccable.

Coupled with the lack of a Black Friday sale, what are people's thoughts on the continuing value for money of Luxire? Living in China, I have access to an excellent tailor, as well as a couple of well-known M2M stores in Shanghai. I do like the value, ease and quality of Luxire, however, particularly for trousers.

I want to continue to use Luxire, do not wish to unduly criticise and am generally curious about Luxire and other members' thoughts.

I think it's a perfectly reasonable question. Prior to the increased enforcement of duties and taxes, Luxire had (IMO) the identity of being ultra-customisable, good quality, and lower priced than many online competitors.

They have been put in the position of either absorbing the cost of these duties to remain low priced, or adapting in some other way. Assuming that competitors will also face the same customs issue, strategically it doesn't make sense to absorb the cost as that would be quite a major hit. Instead, Luxire appears to want to carve itself a niche of becoming ultra custom, good quality, and the fastest. Pretty admirable pivot given the cost angle is no longer realistic.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads