• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fellow Swede here, you will get a mail from DHL with extra payment info (25% VAT + additional "handling" fee from DHL).
Thanks for the quick reply. So I guess you've experienced this new system with Luxire? You've got a private message.

henaal

Reaction score
Does it depend on country whether you must pay the additional DHL fee or not? I live in Finland and realized that DHL always gives me the option to handle customs by myself, avoiding the additional fee. So with my latest order I did that myself, and found out that it was actually easier and quicker than having DHL do it for me. Smoother process + avoiding the extra fees = winning!

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@luxire @LuxireStudio revisiting this thread after a couple of months inactivity. Reading about your fast shipping plans and a new VAT-system. Haven't gone through the 10s and 10s of pages I've missed yet.

But I guess I have three questions:
- Given that you're aiming to become/are the fastest MTM service, should we not expect any large discounts/deals come black Friday (supposing those bulk sales would affect your production capacity)?
- How much taxes/VAT/extra costs are added for EU countries (Sweden specifically)?
- Should I expect DHL/courier to bill me anything extra in addition to what I've paid at checkout upon/after delivery? Reading that some people have encountered it recently.

Thanks.
True. No discounts will be offered during black Friday as it will throw our system out of gear.

We are working on launching a Luxire site for European customers. You can place your order there, checkout will be including vat like you normally do. The product will be delivered to your door without any further cost or stress.

That should solve most problems.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
How does online trade work between member states within the EU and around.

Can someone in Austria/Denmark buy online from Germany? What vat rate does he pay?

How does trade work between EU member states, say Germany, and Switzerland/Sweden/Norway/UK?

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
True. No discounts will be offered during black Friday as it will throw our system out of gear.

We are working on launching a Luxire site for European customers. You can place your order there, checkout will be including vat like you normally do. The product will be delivered to your door without any further cost or stress.

That should solve most problems.
Thanks for the quick reply. When will the site be ready to launch? Interested in placing an order with you shortly.

norMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I assume this is charges and not VAT?

Can someone in Austria/Denmark buy online from Germany? What vat rate does he pay?

How does trade work between EU member states, say Germany, and Switzerland/Sweden/Norway/UK?

Norway is not a part of EU. When we buy from a EU site they normally remove EU vat and Norwegian vat is added by the shipping Company.

Not sure how it is within the EU. But I believe EU will create a system similar to the Norwegian allowing you to charge vat on your current website.

Xune

Reaction score

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had trousers made out of any of the Molloy Plain Donegal Tweed fabrics and could snap some pics and share a review? My concern is that they won't look sharp enough (and not hold a crease) because of the weigh and/or flecking. Thanks.

Last edited:

hschrapel

Reaction score
Does it depend on country whether you must pay the additional DHL fee or not? I live in Finland and realized that DHL always gives me the option to handle customs by myself, avoiding the additional fee. So with my latest order I did that myself, and found out that it was actually easier and quicker than having DHL do it for me. Smoother process + avoiding the extra fees = winning!
How did you go about doing this? I don't recall being able to do this in my last DHL order (for Sweden)

henaal

Reaction score
I got a longish text from DHL about a parcel coming in and needing to be processed. 90% of the text is about how to proceed with their service, and at the end they mention that you can handle this by yourself by answering to the text "self-clearance + your email". Did that and got an email with the necessary info. Easy as that.

spaceman88

Reaction score

It works on a reverse charge basis within Europe. For B2C sales, you’ll apply VAT at the rate country from where sales are being made to the extent you have not exceeded the threshold for distance selling. Once your sales are over the distance selling threshold during a financial year you then have have to apply VAT rate of the country where the supply is being made (where the customer lives). For B2C the end customer is not considered to be VAT registered so the onus is on the seller for VAT compliance. Some good info here-

https://www.intercultural-elements.eu/step-by-step-guide-to-vat-compliance-for-e-commerce-sellers/

klp2332

Reaction score
@luxire

Here's a great idea: If Luxire can produce cotton twill garment bags comparable to the ones at Kirby Allison, then I'll take 10 straight away.

They should be relatively easy to manufacture -- just as easy as a shirt, if not more. And cotton twill in Navy/Olive/Tan should be quite easy to source, especially in India.

KA increases their price year after year -- which is not a problem, in itself. However, those bags are now at a price point that is egregiously mismatched for the bags (imo) -- even if they are made in Texas but an unknown manufacturer.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@luxire

Here's a great idea: If Luxire can produce cotton twill garment bags comparable to the ones at Kirby Allison, then I'll take 10 straight away.

They should be relatively easy to manufacture -- just as easy as a shirt, if not more. And cotton twill in Navy/Olive/Tan should be quite easy to source, especially in India.

KA increases their price year after year -- which is not a problem, in itself. However, those bags are now at a price point that is egregiously mismatched for the bags (imo) -- even if they are made in Texas but an unknown manufacturer.
Glad to do them for you.

klp2332

Reaction score
Excellent -- this could be the beginnings of a new best seller for Luxire -- who knows? At any rate, you'll have me a customer. I've just sent you a PM regarding some details.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads