• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I think a similar system for the entire EU is on the way.

I live in Norway, is it possible to order from you with VAT include already?
That will be very nice. ?

Yes. Our system is now charging 25% tax for all orders to be shipped to Norway.

norMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That will be very nice. ?

Yes. Our system is now charging 25% tax for all orders to be shipped to Norway.

This is the first time in the history of internet shopping that Norwegian customers are the first ones to get an advantage. Great work!

Screenshot_20200916-222910.png

MacGuffen

Reaction score
@luxire Did you increase price on international shipping? Hope you will offer free shipping on Black Friday :) This makes it easier to order items one by one.

henaal

Reaction score
I guess there is some limit for free shipping. One order was around 60eur and I paid 20eur shipping. My 100+eur orders have resulted in free shipping. Nice surprise :)

I hope there wont be Black Friday deals. I have started to value shorter lead times etc more than some good deals. Plus, consolidating orders is better for the environment. Downside is of course that in some cases, it makes it more difficult to ask for pattern alterations, etc.

I did not like the DHL fees for my recent orders. If there's a way to pay everything (VAT, other fees) when checking out, that would be super.

stuck_in_norway

Reaction score
Speaking of shipping to norway, I've just received a 2170,- import fee bill for my 4200,- order, long after the order was delivered. No option to pre pay, no warning this was going to happen.

Not great stuff, guys.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Speaking of shipping to norway, I've just received a 2170,- import fee bill for my 4200,- order, long after the order was delivered. No option to pre pay, no warning this was going to happen.

Not great stuff, guys.
Are you implying that Luxire is at fault for your own government’s customs authority charging you import duty?

stuck_in_norway

Reaction score
Well, I've placed 25+ orders in the past and not one of them had this happen. That establishes certain expectations.
Furthermore, the after-the-fact payment of duties involves an additional $40 processing fee from DHL which is normally avoided by proper processing, and a little annoying to deal with.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I've placed 25+ orders in the past and not one of them had this happen. That establishes certain expectations.
Furthermore, the after-the-fact payment of duties involves an additional $40 processing fee from DHL which is normally avoided by proper processing, and a little annoying to deal with.
The last few pages have been discussing the fact that Norway and probably other EU countries have very recently stepped up their enforcement of customs levies. In any case you should be quite happy that you were able to avoid paying your country’s duties for your first 25 orders, not unhapppy that you now have to pay what you should have all along.

stuck_in_norway

Reaction score
The last few pages have been discussing the fact that Norway and probably other EU countries have very recently stepped up their enforcement of customs levies. In any case you should be quite happy that you were able to avoid paying your country’s duties for your first 25 orders, not unhapppy that you now have to pay what you should have all along.

Yeah or maybe not having to pay import duties was a big contributing factor in me placing those 25 orders in the first place.

I don't know where you live, but Norway isn't an EU country, nor have they "stepped up their customs enforcement." They have made certain changes to how import fees are calculated, such as removing the sub 350kr rule, but no changes that will impact this type of import. It's still very much common practice to mark packages as low value or sample goods, or similar, and I still receive packages every week without any hitch.
In this country, it is very easy to order something and pay twice or more the items value in import fees. As long as ridiculous levels of taxation like that are in place, people will find a way to avoid it. - or at least the ones with half a brain will.

That said, I'm just a little displeased at the surprise of this, as well as the unnecessary processing fee that I was never given an option to avoid.

JoeBlack0

Reaction score
Came for the menswear stayed for the tax evasion advice. All jokes aside I think that everyone can agree that paying for import duties and handling it‘s frustating. I’m not talking about regular taxes but all the extras

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah or maybe not having to pay import duties was a big contributing factor in me placing those 25 orders in the first place.

I don't know where you live, but Norway isn't an EU country, nor have they "stepped up their customs enforcement." They have made certain changes to how import fees are calculated, such as removing the sub 350kr rule, but no changes that will impact this type of import. It's still very much common practice to mark packages as low value or sample goods, or similar, and I still receive packages every week without any hitch.
In this country, it is very easy to order something and pay twice or more the items value in import fees. As long as ridiculous levels of taxation like that are in place, people will find a way to avoid it. - or at least the ones with half a brain will.

That said, I'm just a little displeased at the surprise of this, as well as the unnecessary processing fee that I was never given an option to avoid.

Sounds like you have some grief with your government, not Luxire. Presumably, you are in a high tax jurisdiction but are getting the benefits of said taxation.

stuck_in_norway

Reaction score
Sounds like you have some grief with your government, not Luxire. Presumably, you are in a high tax jurisdiction but are getting the benefits of said taxation.
Your name is funny in this context.
The Norwegian government is a known quantity. I can't quite tell if you're joking about the benefits part.

Either way, my frustration in this case is that after countless orders, most of which were delivered in 2020, suddenly there is an unannounced change in policy. Said policy change ended up costing me some unnecessary money. I'm referring specifically to the fee that DHL charges when they have to post the import fees upfront (50 usd in this case), but also that I got no general heads up. It would strike me as obvious to inform customers directly when making policy changes that dramatically jack up costs. At the very least being able to pre-pay the import fees so as to avoid getting dinged by the DHL processing fee should be a given.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads