• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Reaction score
The last few pages have been discussing the fact that Norway and probably other EU countries have very recently stepped up their enforcement of customs levies. In any case you should be quite happy that you were able to avoid paying your country’s duties for your first 25 orders, not unhapppy that you now have to pay what you should have all along.
Yeah or maybe not having to pay import duties was a big contributing factor in me placing those 25 orders in the first place.

I don't know where you live, but Norway isn't an EU country, nor have they "stepped up their customs enforcement." They have made certain changes to how import fees are calculated, such as removing the sub 350kr rule, but no changes that will impact this type of import. It's still very much common practice to mark packages as low value or sample goods, or similar, and I still receive packages every week without any hitch.
In this country, it is very easy to order something and pay twice or more the items value in import fees. As long as ridiculous levels of taxation like that are in place, people will find a way to avoid it. - or at least the ones with half a brain will.

That said, I'm just a little displeased at the surprise of this, as well as the unnecessary processing fee that I was never given an option to avoid.

JoeBlack0

Reaction score
Came for the menswear stayed for the tax evasion advice. All jokes aside I think that everyone can agree that paying for import duties and handling it‘s frustating. I’m not talking about regular taxes but all the extras

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah or maybe not having to pay import duties was a big contributing factor in me placing those 25 orders in the first place.

I don't know where you live, but Norway isn't an EU country, nor have they "stepped up their customs enforcement." They have made certain changes to how import fees are calculated, such as removing the sub 350kr rule, but no changes that will impact this type of import. It's still very much common practice to mark packages as low value or sample goods, or similar, and I still receive packages every week without any hitch.
In this country, it is very easy to order something and pay twice or more the items value in import fees. As long as ridiculous levels of taxation like that are in place, people will find a way to avoid it. - or at least the ones with half a brain will.

That said, I'm just a little displeased at the surprise of this, as well as the unnecessary processing fee that I was never given an option to avoid.
Sounds like you have some grief with your government, not Luxire. Presumably, you are in a high tax jurisdiction but are getting the benefits of said taxation.

Reaction score
Sounds like you have some grief with your government, not Luxire. Presumably, you are in a high tax jurisdiction but are getting the benefits of said taxation.
Your name is funny in this context.
The Norwegian government is a known quantity. I can't quite tell if you're joking about the benefits part.

Either way, my frustration in this case is that after countless orders, most of which were delivered in 2020, suddenly there is an unannounced change in policy. Said policy change ended up costing me some unnecessary money. I'm referring specifically to the fee that DHL charges when they have to post the import fees upfront (50 usd in this case), but also that I got no general heads up. It would strike me as obvious to inform customers directly when making policy changes that dramatically jack up costs. At the very least being able to pre-pay the import fees so as to avoid getting dinged by the DHL processing fee should be a given.

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My new pair of Luxire pants came in and it fits pretty well but it has some issues around the bottom of the seat area. When compared to my bespoke trousers, I noticed that where the front and back rise meet, the bespoke trousers places it 0.5" closer to the fly than Luxire's.

What's the best way to explain this to Luxire? @luxire @LuxireStudio

IMG_20200922_150452.jpg

IMG_20200919_105942 (1).jpg

boot_owl

Reaction score

Xune

Reaction score
I suspect he expected that value of the parcel will be declared low so that there's no tax or very low.

norMD

Reaction score
Speaking of shipping to norway, I've just received a 2170,- import fee bill for my 4200,- order, long after the order was delivered. No option to pre pay, no warning this was going to happen.

Not great stuff, guys.
I am guessing that DHL has demanded better documentation, maybe they have gotten conspicious after thousand of packages with 5 dollar shirts.

You got unlucky once and lucky 25 times. Now they have include Norwegian VAT in their check out and I dont think luxire is to be blamed.

Reaction score
I am guessing that DHL has demanded better documentation, maybe they have gotten conspicious after thousand of packages with 5 dollar shirts.

You got unlucky once and lucky 25 times. Now they have include Norwegian VAT in their check out and I dont think luxire is to be blamed.
See my previous post. I fully understand luxire is not in charge of norwegian customs.

shoesforever

Reaction score
Yeah, we kind of do have a problem with our Norwegian government hehe. Almost everything has a high tax.
For example when we shop in countries, which are part of the European Union, they will deduct VAT. This way we don't have to pay double the VAT, but do pay 10,7% tax on top as well as the DHL fee. The issue here would be that our tax system and Luxire's new policy, now makes Luxire's products as expensive as in store MTM more or less. This in turn is kind of like banning and effectively excluding all future Norwegian customers. Thus the complaint. Norway is also a pretty small market compared to other countries, so it won't affect Luxire very much.

PeteyPajamapant

Reaction score
I tried emailing Luxire, haven't heard back, so thought maybe I'd try here.

Has anyone ever made up a pair of easy pants? Something with elastic in the back? Would you put your normal waist size in and Luxire accounts for the stretch? i.e. If I'm a 34" waist, the pants will be made up with a 32" waist to account for stretch.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I tried emailing Luxire, haven't heard back, so thought maybe I'd try here.

Has anyone ever made up a pair of easy pants? Something with elastic in the back? Would you put your normal waist size in and Luxire accounts for the stretch? i.e. If I'm a 34" waist, the pants will be made up with a 32" waist to account for stretch.
Elastic waist pants can get quite uncomfortable when there is not enough room.
I would suggest 34. Have a drawstring added for adjustment.

DavidLane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Elastic waist pants can get quite uncomfortable when there is not enough room.
I would suggest 34. Have a drawstring added for adjustment.
I can attest to this. I had a pair made in a stretchy Corduroy with the elastic and drawstring waist and they are like wearing pajamas and have officially replaced my sweatpants for around the house.

-DL

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami