• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

norMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1599930974355.png

On waistband

1599931026928.png

On waistband seam.

The second is placed lower.

Megakurth

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply.
I know the difference between ON WAIST SEAM (4th option in the attached picture) and ON WAIST BAND (7th option).
What I'd like to know is what "NEAPOLITAN side adjuster (8th option)" is.
Here’s photos of the Neapolitan side adjusters. Other than aesthetics, I don’t notice much of a difference in functionality.
FDF8AF4C-A61D-46FF-85C9-0CFE9B97BF9E.jpeg

C602C25F-47A5-49DB-9C6F-A8F19B6E7815.jpeg

8AA1ED21-839C-4952-8E83-A8CE5E5EBF7F.jpeg

Quesjac

Reaction score
For example, let's say I gave Luxire my body image. And after 2 and 3 (mentioned above), Luxire gives their tailor only the final measurements numbers, not my body images? Because my body image is already considered into the final measurements?
Luxire is the tailor. That is, you're sending your order to the people who cut the patterns and make the clothes. In my experience it's absolutely fine just to send order number + small adjustments.

the arbitrary

Reaction score
Luxire is the tailor. That is, you're sending your order to the people who cut the patterns and make the clothes. In my experience it's absolutely fine just to send order number + small adjustments.
Thanks for the reply.
Of course you're right that Luxire consists of tailors (and other staffs). What I mean is that when the tailor starts to cut and make the clothes, whether the tailor considers only the final measurements' numbers, or others. Because they can't manually remember all the conversations with so many customers. In other words, 1. when starting to cut and make, the tailor only considers the final measurements' number because it already represents all other factors, 2. when starting to cut and make, there are customer's body images or other size considerations besides the final measurements' number in front of the tailor's eyes, and the tailor considers all of them while cutting. 1? 2?

Last edited:

pmestrad

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.
Of course you're right that Luxire consists of tailors (and other staffs). What I mean is that when the tailor starts to cut and make the clothes, whether the tailor considers only the final measurements' numbers, or others. Because they can't manually remember all the conversations with so many customers. In other words, 1. when starting to cut and make, the tailor only considers the final measurements' number because it already represents all other factors, 2. when starting to cut and make, there are customer's body images or other size considerations besides the final measurements' number in front of the tailor's eyes, and the tailor considers all of them while cutting. 1? 2?
You can send in pants to have measurements and dimensions copied if you have some that fit well. I have done this and it turned out very well. May be a good option for you. To answer your question though, I highly doubt the person cutting fabric is thinking of my body while doing it.

Quesjac

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.
I would think by definition if it's going into a pattern then it's a measurement of some kind, so I'm not sure your options quite fit, but I think 2 is closer. But I'm not a tailor and I've never drafted a pattern, so I think it's best not to worry about that kind of thing personally.

You can always send extra photos etc with your adjustments, or if you have a long discussion by email you can ask for the email no. from Luxire and then add to the custom notes "please adjust as discussed in email xxxxxx" etc.

chrfi

Reaction score
In any case, I am flabbergasted at the amount of people being annoyed that tax & duty evasion no longer works and blaming it on Luxire. Are people for real?

Haha, I was thinking the same reading this. I've ordered from Luxire around 10 times and never had the VAT added (EU shipments) and I knew for sure it was not the correct way.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.
I’m pretty sure they make a pattern (electronic or paper) for your original order. For subsequent orders, you just reference your original order number and you specify any changes you want to the pattern. If they are minor (e.g. sleeve length) then it’s easy to write that into the order notes. If they are more complicated then send an email with photos and/or drawings.

this is also why most people recommend that you send in a garment that fits you well for your first order, if you have one. translating measurements into a pattern is an imperfect process.

Chrisone

Reaction score
@luxire Regarding changes in how you do VAT/customs: Are you aware of the new norwegian system, launched this year, where foreign online stores (like Luxire.com) can register to handle norwegian VAT?

If you register, It would be a great benefit to your norwegian customers.The customs authority will threat you as if you where a local company. You have to collect norwegian VAT from the customers when they order, but there are no custom fees or any other fees/duties for the shipment. Read more about it here.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@luxire Regarding changes in how you do VAT/customs: Are you aware of the new norwegian system, launched this year, where foreign online stores (like Luxire.com) can register to handle norwegian VAT?

If you register, It would be a great benefit to your norwegian customers.The customs authority will threat you as if you where a local company. You have to collect norwegian VAT from the customers when they order, but there are no custom fees or any other fees/duties for the shipment. Read more about it here.
Yes! We registered recently. It is an amazing system.

norMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes! We registered recently. It is an amazing system.

I think a similar system for the entire EU is on the way.

I live in Norway, is it possible to order from you with VAT include already?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads