• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Boggis

Reaction score
I think I'd be interested in the suggested option to prepay associated taxes rather than get stung by the DHL handling fee.

For the UK I'd be looking at +20% for VAT, plus customs duty (2.5%) for orders over £135. For smaller orders a £17 handling fee for DHL would really bump up the costs.

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone commissioned a raglan overcoat (balmacaan) from Lux? Alternatively @luxire do you have any photos of one that you have made?

norMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Price increase for Norwegians if this new system comes into play:

For example a shirt:
100 eur+ 25% VAT+ 10,7% duties + DHL processing fee of 17.5 eur = 53% price increase.

Still, Luxire will be cheaper or on level with local and online competitors. The VAT advantage never was fair or really legally sound.

For alterations, we will document them accordingly. Double taxation will not make sense.

We are glad to pay the taxes in advance. We will be working with DHL to explore options.

If anyone has an thoughts about how it works, please PM us.

Herring shoes use DHL and offer VAT in advance with a 5 gbp fee.

Screenshot_20200908-200642.png
Screenshot_20200908-200642.png

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How will this affect us who have pre-ordered but not yet finalized details? This reminded me I actually have a few black friday deals from last year awaiting confirmation of details :blush:

Spurious

Reaction score
The change is done.

Is this the flat 30%? Because for Switzerland, that would indeed mean it's way too high. It's only 7.7% VAT, no duty or anything. To the best of my knowledge, most of the carriers allow you to properly tax per jurisdiction. Is this not available from DHL, would be surprised to be honest?

In any case, I am flabbergasted at the amount of people being annoyed that tax & duty evasion no longer works and blaming it on Luxire. Are people for real?

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Is this the flat 30%? Because for Switzerland, that would indeed mean it's way too high. It's only 7.7% VAT, no duty or anything. To the best of my knowledge, most of the carriers allow you to properly tax per jurisdiction. Is this not available from DHL, would be surprised to be honest?

In any case, I am flabbergasted at the amount of people being annoyed that tax & duty evasion no longer works and blaming it on Luxire. Are people for real?
There will not be anything "flat". We will be using a system that will correctly calculate the taxes and duties.

the arbitrary

Reaction score
@luxire
I have a question about Luxire's size measurements.
The usual process goes like this:
1. When ordering, customers provide a photo of their bodies, or input measurements
2. Some back and forth emails occur, counseling about the size measurements
3. Luxire gives email saying 'this is the final measurements, can we proceed with this?'
My question is this:
Are only the final measurements' numbers informed to the tailor?
So, are the final measurements' numbers all that matter after all?
For example, let's say I gave Luxire my body image. And after 2 and 3 (mentioned above), Luxire gives their tailor only the final measurements numbers, not my body images? Because my body image is already considered into the final measurements?
luxire.jpg

In other words, situation 1 or situation 2?
(Of course pleats style, pocket style, cuff style, or something like that would be informed to tailor, but what I'm focusing on is just size-wise)

The reason I'm asking this question is this:
I'm considering placing new orders, but I'm wondering it would be sufficient to give them (Luxire) the last order's final measurements with small number adjustment this time.
Or should I give them a kind of context about how I and Luxire reached (concluded) the last time's final measurement?

Last edited:

the arbitrary

Reaction score
Could anyone kindly give me an image of "NEAPOLITAN SIDE METAL ADJUSTER ON WAIST SEAM WAISTBAND"?
It is one option in Luxire, but I can't find any information about that. From what I see on the Luxire's site, I can't tell the difference between it and "SIDE METAL ADJUSTERS ON WAIST SEAM".
luxire2.PNG

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads