• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

weriker

Reaction score
What I really fear is how this might affect items beeing shipped back for alterations. For e.g. a jacket going back a couple of times you might end up paying 25% multiple times?
If Luxire declares the item correctly, you would only have to pay the value of the alteration itself (because they mark it as a return item from alteration and declare the value of the alteration). In the best case, this value should be below the threshold for customs. So there should also be no processing fee by DHL.

For me, this processing fee by DHL is the biggest annoyance. They charge around USD 20 for a process that's mostly automated and presumably doesn't really generate much expenditure on their part.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I’ve previously received something like 40 packages from Luxire and paid $7.3 to DHL no matter the value of the package. That's 9% for a $80 order or 0.8% for a $900 order.

Yesterdays DHL package cost me $51.5 for a $150 pair of pants. $14.2 payment deferment risk + $37.2 import tax. That's 34% on top of the original order value.

If Luxire starts charging the import tax up front I suppose we can get rid of the payment deferment risk fee. This would still mean a price increase from the previous 0.8-9% to a fixed 25%.

What I really fear is how this might affect items beeing shipped back for alterations. For e.g. a jacket going back a couple of times you might end up paying 25% multiple times?
For alterations, we will document them accordingly. Double taxation will not make sense.

We are glad to pay the taxes in advance. We will be working with DHL to explore options.

If anyone has an thoughts about how it works, please PM us.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Does apply to most of our markets. We have thus made the change for all our orders.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Boggis

Reaction score
I think I'd be interested in the suggested option to prepay associated taxes rather than get stung by the DHL handling fee.

For the UK I'd be looking at +20% for VAT, plus customs duty (2.5%) for orders over £135. For smaller orders a £17 handling fee for DHL would really bump up the costs.

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone commissioned a raglan overcoat (balmacaan) from Lux? Alternatively @luxire do you have any photos of one that you have made?

norMD

Reaction score
Price increase for Norwegians if this new system comes into play:

For example a shirt:
100 eur+ 25% VAT+ 10,7% duties + DHL processing fee of 17.5 eur = 53% price increase.
Still, Luxire will be cheaper or on level with local and online competitors. The VAT advantage never was fair or really legally sound.

For alterations, we will document them accordingly. Double taxation will not make sense.

We are glad to pay the taxes in advance. We will be working with DHL to explore options.

If anyone has an thoughts about how it works, please PM us.
Herring shoes use DHL and offer VAT in advance with a 5 gbp fee.

Screenshot_20200908-200642.png
Screenshot_20200908-200642.png

joacimbylehn

Reaction score
How will this affect us who have pre-ordered but not yet finalized details? This reminded me I actually have a few black friday deals from last year awaiting confirmation of details :blush:

Spurious

Reaction score
The change is done.
Is this the flat 30%? Because for Switzerland, that would indeed mean it's way too high. It's only 7.7% VAT, no duty or anything. To the best of my knowledge, most of the carriers allow you to properly tax per jurisdiction. Is this not available from DHL, would be surprised to be honest?

In any case, I am flabbergasted at the amount of people being annoyed that tax & duty evasion no longer works and blaming it on Luxire. Are people for real?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How did Covid-19 impact your personal style?

• My style hasn't changed at all.

• My wardrobe hasn't changed but I am wearing casual clothes more often.

• I invested in new good quality leisure and casual clothes.

• I invested in new sartorial clothes taking advantage of the sales.

• I purged my closet during quarantine and I have nothing left to wear.

Results are only viewable after voting.