• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

milesbeyond

Reaction score
My sister has been begging me to give her my Oil-Finish Small Duffle. Feels appropriate to hand it off to her, now trying to decide between the small regular duffle or the medium travel bag.

Anybody trying to get rid of either? :) Don't like the way the large carry-on or Pullman open (plus they're way too big for my needs) and the Sportsman's was just a bit too small for my needs (ending up selling mine)

The inner (and outer) pockets of the Travel bag seem great, but it seems like it may be a little awkward when not packed to capacity and it seemed awkwardly tall. Anyone have more experience with it?

Wasn't trying to buy a new bag...but you know, family first ;)

ChadHahn

Reaction score
I just received my 257 in brown. Brown was my third choice but the place I called was having a 30% off sale and was out of every other color. When I hesitated, he dropped the price another 10%. How could I say no! :slayer:

So far I like the color. Of course I've only had it for about 30 minutes so that may change. :D

Here is a picture I took of it after I filled it up. It does a good job of standing on it's own. The color is pretty accurate, at least on my monitor.

Chad

Orange44

Reaction score
Hilton's Tent City has 25% off through Feb 6.

Details: ONE WEEK ONLY, receive an exclusive 25%* sale on anything in the store! Valid on multiple items, ends soon. In-stock items only, some exclusions apply. First come, first served. Mention the email "Winter" sale for discount In-store, Phone, or Email.

Last edited:

KevinL

Reaction score
Orange44, what's the coupon code for 25% off at Hilton's Tent City?

Otherwise, there's also a 15% off Filson code: FSNREG11

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
filson reversible dog coat in small on my 11mth old 25lbs Boston Terrier:

julesribs

Reaction score
Hi,

I recently bought a filson bag on their site, it seems the leather on the right side of my bag is more wear out and old than on the left side. Did they send me a second instead of a new product? Have anyone of you had the same problem?

Thanks for your help :)
Julian

jeannoob

Reaction score
When I first received my 256 briefcase, it had the same issue. One handle strap was visibly more worn and thinner than the other handle.
You should definitely ask Filson to replace it; I'm sure they'll do it no questions asked.
I took mine to the Seattle store and showed it to one of the managers and once she felt the difference, she immediately went and grabbed 3 other brand new briefcases for me to choose a replacement. They have some proper customer service.

milw50717

Reaction score

Hi, I recently bought a filson bag on their site, it seems the leather on the right side of my bag is more wear out and old than on the left side. Did they send me a second instead of a new product? Have anyone of you had the same problem?
Ultimately, that is pretty much what the straps are going to end up looking like after use. If it bothers you then call them up and ask about a replacement.

julesribs

Reaction score
I've contacted Filson's online customer service. They told me that the leather on the left has to be broken in and then both will look the same. Well I guess I have to wait and use my bag normally. Or next time buy it in a store and not thorugh Filson's website.

I wonder who has lost his time to open and close the right handle around 1000 times before dispatching the product.

Despite that minor defect I'm completely satisfied with my bag and its quality.

Thanks for your comments :)

Julian

rpiotr01

Reaction score
While technically true there is no reason this should negate a refund. If you're not satisfied push them to take it back, I doubt they'll refuse.
I've contacted Filson's online customer service. They told me that the leather on the left has to be broken in and then both will look the same.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member