• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WJR

Reaction score
Good eye!! I guess for a Filson 257 this prolific, an announcement should have been warranted. Instead not only do I know which listing you were linking to before I even clicked on it, but I also get a text from one of the prodigious Filson regulars on this forum asking me if it’s true….to which I must sadly and with great regret admit…yes it is true. I have decided to part ways with my very much one of a kind Talon OG 257. After 7 years I just wasn’t reaching for it hardly ever, and you guys know how much of an aspiring minimalist I am, plus I was beginning to look at it like a trophy item, much like how Indy was looking at the Holy Grail.

View attachment 2188103
OMG - also see your 261 up for auction. Curious what are your go to Filsons these days and are you still enjoying the Pullman?

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OMG - also see your 261 up for auction. Curious what are your go to Filsons these days and are you still enjoying the Pullman?

That is correct, truth be told I’m funding a grail watch (yet another Indy reference lol) purchase for my upcoming 40th birthday. I still have and love my OG Talon Pullman, actually use it at least twice a month. Also have the Talon Tan 264 I got from @GzStudio . I don’t use it too often but I’ll always have a place for it when I travel with the GR2 and need a little more space.

Also still got the 1960 Forestry Cruiser, my flask, and currently 4 Ultralight Vests.

Here’s the Grail watch in case anyone was interested. I just love how these patina.

61F08DC8-7226-4ACA-9904-57B8D0BACF7D.jpeg

Blackm

Reaction score
Hello Everybody,
I would really like a 256, but I am a bit concerned about outer pockets being open, without any closure, as well as interior dividers that can't be secured.
You had never tried to add some custom solution to close them?
Internally stuff risk to wander around? (I don't plan to fill it to the brim in daily usage).

Also, quality wise, you noticed any significant change in last years?

Thank you!

Reaction score
Hi all,

I purchased a new original briefcase from a company in Europe last week, I was suprised to see the inside tag with 'Made in Romania' ?

I contacted the company and they said Filson no longer have production in the US?

Apparently the twill is now made in Romania and the leather from Italy...

This is the first ever Filson product I've purchased, however I feel so dissapointed I'm thinking of returning it.

Has anyone had any experience comparing the quality between the Romania and US versions?

Happy to show pics

Thanks
Hi,

Can you please send pictures of the inside tags where it says it’s made in Romania? Trying to see how the tags changed. Thanks very much!

PipersSon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wanted to check if I could get my Filson 4 wheeled carry on luggage repaired (lifetime guarantee and all that) and realised that the old twill models have been phased out.

I’ve been so out out it, where did the last decade go :( I don’t even remember the model names.

Anyway here’s a pic of the twin old faithfuls: three continents, 8-10 countries, 15 years, dragged through western cities and 20 -people Indian villages in the Himalayas, still there or thereabouts.

IMG_8636.jpeg

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mixed feelings right now but my 257 has been sold and is heading to its new owner in Tennessee. He’s a passionate Filsonado so I’m happy for at least that. This is the very 257 that got me into Vintage Filson and was the birth of OtterMeanGreen and was one of the catalyst’s that really ramped up this discussion to what it is today.

F76FDBDF-9C9D-4CFF-90B3-B706437A0260.jpeg

Rudy83

Reaction score
Hi all,

I purchased a new original briefcase from a company in Europe last week, I was suprised to see the inside tag with 'Made in Romania' ?

I contacted the company and they said Filson no longer have production in the US?

Apparently the twill is now made in Romania and the leather from Italy...

This is the first ever Filson product I've purchased, however I feel so dissapointed I'm thinking of returning it.

Has anyone had any experience comparing the quality between the Romania and US versions?

Happy to show pics

Thanks

I think bags bought from the US are still made in the US. If you look at the description of the small field bag, for example it says made in USA of imported materials on the .com website, but on the .eu website it says made in Romania, and the leather is listed as sourced in Italy.

Not sure of the effect on the finished piece. The Italian leather could actually be an improvement compared to the leather in used in the late 2010's.

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArthurMartinez