1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LawrenceMD, Aug 14, 2009.

1. robotman1985

robotman1985 Member

with code BLACKFRIDAY

2. DC Office Hack

DC Office Hack Senior member

Now that the season of sales has begun, where am i likely to get the best deal on a 257, or what ever they call it these days?

3. jr9812

jr9812 New Member

Hey all

I'm looking for the Filson Small Duffle (green) - any sales worth checking out? Cyber Monday? Onward Reserve excludes Filson from their sale.

4. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

5. nevadabob

nevadabob Senior member

If you're near Portland, Oregon, send me a Private Message. There's a store here that has Filson prices from a couple of years ago on many of its in stock goods. I just picked up a Sportsman's bag for $255 - and no tax in Oregon.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2013
  6. K. Nights

K. Nights Senior member

I wish my 256 had one of those leather pieces around the handles to hold them together. Do you think if I contacted filson they would let me just purchase one of those?

7. dcg

dcg Senior member

^Yes. They'll also install it if you send your bag in. Not sure of current pricing.

8. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

We were recently told by them that they won't do it. Take it with a grain because I've heard more than few conflicting reports out of them.

9. K. Nights

K. Nights Senior member

Awesome, I'll ask them. Can anyone tell me what those are called? I don't want to look like a complete idiot when I ask, and I'm not sure what the technical term is.

10. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

Handgrip

1 person likes this.
  11. tomatic

tomatic Senior member

Any experiences regarding the two newer rucksacks, i.e. Tin Cloth vs. Twill? Didn't like the old one for its back panel and shape when loaded.

12. jjfad

jjfad Member

Sane here, tried the old rucksack and wasn't a fan. Beautiful construction, poor design.

Sent from my LG-P659 using Tapatalk

13. dcg

dcg Senior member

Hadn't heard that; thanks for the info. Did them mention whether they wouldn't sell them at all, or is it just that they won't install post-production?

14. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

Leather handle of Pistol Case (later renamed Tablet case) cracked and is showing its flesh after one year of light use :/ Kind of disappointed.

15. nevadabob

nevadabob Senior member

I will give you $60 and pay for shipping for your broken pistol case - providing it isn't the one with the plaid cloth inside.

16. Brooks

Brooks Senior member

Anyone try the 70083 backpack? I love Filson bags but I don't think that I can justify pulling the trigger at that price.

17. tim y

tim y Member

I looked at it and didn't like it compared to the 262, original rucksack. I ended up just getting a new 262.

18. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

Its the original one before they started realizing people were using it as iPad bag, with quilted lining. I'll probably find a way to DIY it out, like with paracord.

19. nevadabob

nevadabob Senior member

The green quilted lining was also lightly waxed and was rusting guys' guns being stored in the cases long term. My wheelguns are stainless and I like the quilted look better than the plaid.

I'm sure if you send it to Filson, they'd make it right.

20. tim y

tim y Member

I've written a couple of times about their customer service. Give them a call. If there is anything wrong, they'll get it right. They even let me exchange through them a coat that I bought at one of their retailers. It didn't fit and the retailer didn't have my size in stock. No questions asked.