Male clothes for the gym

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Omega, Jul 2, 2012.

1. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

although they do have hot chicks, don't they?

2. bourbonbasted

bourbonbasted Cyber Eliitist

Working there? Yes. I have known a couple Lulu girls. All a lot of fun.

3. acridsheep

acridsheep Senior member

Grazing on the carcasses of less senior members
    I don't understand why so many of you are giving the OP shit, using the same arguments other people make in putting down anyone (us) who spends money on clothing not made by Dockers or Levis.The fops doth protest too much.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2012

4. Reggs

Reggs Senior member

Most of us like to dress nice when we're in social settings. Most people who treat the gym as a social setting, assuming they don't take any kind of group class there or use a PT, are douchebags or just obnoxious in general.

5. mymil

mymil Senior member

6. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Yes, and customers, too.

7. rikod

rikod Senior member

many stupid threads in this place, this one gets the fucking prize

8. Omega

Omega Well-Known Member

:slapfight:
    I want told by a stylist that this forum is very rude, but this is definitely underestimated the grace of many members.
    I definitely welcome your opinion, but so many of you miss the point - you jump into wrong conclusions, pervert the question, give opinion on something I did not ask at all and try to bully others. This is not nice. So if you cannot add anything productive, then PLEASE PLEASE shut the f**k up and do not interrupt with useless comments. I know some of you are not that intelligent and ignore my police request, but, well, I think we already know who you are.
    Why gym clothing matters to me? There are a few reasons:
    1. I am a frequent business traveller and therefore I often work out in gyms of 5 star hotels. I must care how I look in such environment, even if I am in the gym;
    2. there must be a signature in your style - if you wear multicolour clothes for social events, formal conservative clothes for work and then try to come across as a punk in the gym then it is lack of style;
    3. my social environment – I met my bosses and clients in hotel gyms. One of my ex-clients is a billionaire who dresses really well for any occasion and he paid attention what I wore. I know I won’t catch up with him in style, but I still need to look the part.
    These are really important factors to me, that’s why I want to look good in any situation.

9. moiseskline

moiseskline New Member

There You Go !

10. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

You are making this way too hard. Get a good pair of shorts and a shirt that is comfortable for the activity, then workout. I also use fitness facilities in mighty fine places, and see colleagues there, too, but everyone's motivation in that setting is the same - to get a good workout. No one is concerned about whether the next guy or gal is color coordinated or what brands they are wearing, it's all about whether the person is dressed decently to facilitate a good workout.

11. Hayward

Hayward Senior member

Neither do I. There's nothing wrong with the OP's question.

I'll go further and recommend some brands like Icebreaker, Ibex, and Triple Aught Design Gear as examples of activewear which doesn't make the wearer look like Al Bundy or some poor bystander in a World Star prank video. Unfortunately this leaves a deficit in footwear, but most of the brands have mass customisation options which allow you to add your own style or at least tone down loud color schemes.

12. Klobber

Klobber Senior member

Go to a naturist gym where work out attire is just a birthday suit. Just remember to tape your cock in place when running on the treadmill.

13. Hayward

Hayward Senior member

Speaking of Mass Customization, I got yer new Lefflot-approved saddle shoes right here.

[​IMG]

14. Sceps

Sceps Well-Known Member

If you are that worried about your appearance at the gym maybe you shoudn't go at all. Seriously your going there to put your body under some level of strain, who cares what you have on? All I have ever worn is old footy shorts and previous seasons training shirts or jerseys. Although to be fair I did buy a pair of cessnock goannas training shorts to blend in with the locals at the gym.

15. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

For business travel I always take along a color coordinated set of Nike shirts and shorts. Any major city has a Nike, Addidas or Puma store with the latest color combinations on display.

Stay away from cotton T shirts, tank tops and long baggy basketball shorts or hightop sneakers. Stick with a trim running look.