• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

frank - buy it now and thank me later. its one of my favorite piece i own. :)

Maybe... and then go full #mensfashun with layers of shirt, Inis Meain sweater, noragi, Oliver Spencer, and Valve. Then stand around on the corner looking cool.

BTW and non seq. also pleased to have the Irish knit coming since I've just picked up Flan O'Brien's At Swim-Two-Birds to read again. Should go well together.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
frank, i cant wait to see that fit in the NMWA gallery. ;)

i was looking forward to wearing mine with the niche paisley print shirt, but now i feel like it so minimal compared to your proposed layer explosion. : (

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Can't wait for my magenta (I think) sweater!
That valve jacket sits on my wishlist. It looks so good, but I'm kind of jacketed up at the time. Not that this stops me for very long. Maybe @Newcomer will buy my size... :butbut:

I have been eyeing the Valve for a while. It is such a cool piece. I have certainly thought about it... Also thought about giving Big John a try. My next purchase(s) will likely be something a bit off-the-cuff.

I am a size 6, so I may be one bigger that you...

frank - buy it now and thank me later. its one of my favorite piece i own. :)

Shhh.

DeSense

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If you could see and touch the fabric, you'd see that it is a very soft, wooly cloth. Even though the color pattern may have a summer vibe, the cloth is heavier and warmer than that. I am agnostic to the lining choice - I like quarter-lined fall/winter jackets too after all - but if the summery vibeis what drives your comment about lining choice, I think you'd have a different opinion if you could feel it.

Thanks, Greg. Living in tropical Asia my main concern is wearability albeit mostly in airconned indoors. Weird, I know. Insofar my preference would be as light weight, airy and little toasty as possible. Fully understand that the other gents might well have the exact 180° reverse view and needs. Maybe we can have a quick poll once it's final, single majority wins. :)

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I have been eyeing the Valve for a while. It is such a cool piece. I have certainly thought about it...

i will not stop saying it until its sold out, its an amazing jacket that can be worn so many ways. its practically a 4 season item. i cant believe everyone has not bought one.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please to contact the guy from the Honey I Shrunk The Kids franchise.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

what suit is this?! :wow:

its a panta, 70/30 wool/mohair blend.

and before anyone asks, wool and mohair blend is not shatnez, its joo allowed. wool and linen is the only blend that is a jooesh no go.

:)

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:lol:

thats a no go as well.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
woop woop - congrats to team Delfino !

The blue jacket crowd is asleep at the wheel... and what happened to the excitement for the Drapers LIGHT WEIGHT check ??

OPERATION GIACCA​

----- UPDATE #5 -----

Commitments as of 5/28 @ 2:20 pm ET

Drapers wool/silk/linen check
Fox navy herringbone flannel
H&S blue herringbone tweed
Tallia di Delfino wool/cash. guncheck

Drapers Blue hopsack

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
That Drapers is awesome and for me was a close second to the Delfino. The check patterns may have split votes just as the blues did . . .

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Good thing I asked, I'd hate to get you a Christmas present you couldn't use. :)
such a sweetheart this guy.
woop woop - congrats to team Delfino !
The blue jacket crowd is asleep at the wheel... and what happened to the excitement for the Drapers LIGHT WEIGHT check ??
[TR] [TD]

OPERATION GIACCA​

----- UPDATE #5 -----

Commitments as of 5/28 @ 2:20 pm ET
[rule] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]
Drapers wool/silk/linen check Fox navy herringbone flannel
H&S blue herringbone tweed
[COLOR=008000]Tallia di Delfino wool/cash. guncheck[/COLOR]
Drapers Blue hopsack
[/TD] [/TR]
i guess i will have to live my guncheck vicariously... : (

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JSC8