• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fair question. My multiquote went nuts. 240 - 340 grams.
Depending on what your tailor has access to, the "usual suspects" are all good: Smiths Blue Riband, Lesser 11-12, Harrisons Frontier, H&S Intercity (though that might above 340). If you went a little heavier, Oyster and Botany are both nice.

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This thread has taken a weird turn.

It's been asked before, but will ask again to see what new answers I can find. I'm looking for a solid charcoal mid-weight suiting to get made up when I visit Napoli next month. What are your favorite books and bunches?

11150921_1636515133233725_8010277124690306545_n.jpg

CLAY1234

Reaction score
Anybody in NYC looking for RO Jersey come check me at Mood Fabrics. All $14/yd. Super lt.weight, few standard 150-200 gsm. Mostly viscose I believe, some cotton. None came in with specs attached. Real. Ask for George if interested.

IMG_20180609_153954.jpg

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This showed up today:
View attachment 993348

It's from the second run of the recreation of a vintage cavalry twill that Simon Crompton commissioned from Fox. I think it will make a nice pair of trousers.

Once you've had it made up, can you let us know how it compares to the LL cavalry twill? I have a pair of trousers in the cream Fox flannel (NMWA commission) but was thinking of adding a cream twill. Its hardly at the top of my list since I like dark twills more but just something I was considering.

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Once you've had it made up, can you let us know how it compares to the LL cavalry twill? I have a pair of trousers in the cream Fox flannel (NMWA commission) but was thinking of adding a cream twill. Its hardly at the top of my list since I like dark twills more but just something I was considering.
Yes, I will. I'm about to send my length of the LL cavalry twill to Steve Hitchcock to get made up.

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Got my Fox Limited Edition sale stuff super quick. One length of LL windowpane which is superheavy. The navy windowpane with blue lines is more 'in your face' than I expected. It'll make one heck of a DB suit.

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Don't know, it was the LL mid grey windowpane. Also the navy hopsack windowpane, and the navy double windowpane.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads