• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fox now has some of the LL fabrics available on its site, and some of those are included in the limited edition sale.

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What’s the weight on the LL Calvary twill? Isn’t that something you can get standard from H&S?
I'm not sure, but it's heavy. I have trousers made from H&S cavalry twill and there is no comparison. The LL can twill is much more like Moon's cavalry twill but in a color that Moon does not have.

paborden

Reaction score
Anyone have any thoughts on the Joshua Ellis cashmere book? There's a brown glen I've been eyeing, but it seems a touch flimsy in hand.

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
NMWA did a SC with this swatch.

6D4A13AA-DE71-48E8-AA2E-CFF6A0E168A1.jpeg
Anyone have any thoughts on the Joshua Ellis cashmere book? There's a brown glen I've been eyeing, but it seems a touch flimsy in hand.

paborden

Reaction score
No worries, I plan on starting my own cloth club!!!!

Maybe @gdl203 can get the fabric remade as pure cashmere.....

It actually ALREADY exists as pure cashmere. I'm just asking if the Joshua Ellis cashmere is any good in people's estimation? 300g but feels a touch skimpy. Then again I'm a cashmere noob.

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It actually ALREADY exists as pure cashmere. I'm just asking if the Joshua Ellis cashmere is any good in people's estimation? 300g but feels a touch skimpy. Then again I'm a cashmere noob.

I would go with your gut feeling, and wait for something heavier to come along.

aristoi bcn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would go with your gut feeling, and wait for something heavier to come along.

Heavyweight Scottish cashmere jacketing like the one you sold me (at tailor's bench right now btw) is impossible to find nowadays. My holy grail would be a dark moss green POW cashmere in the same quality.

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Heavyweight Scottish cashmere jacketing like the one you sold me (at tailor's bench right now btw) is impossible to find nowadays. My holy grail would be a dark moss green POW cashmere in the same quality.

I wish I held on to the cloth but the pattern was similar to the LL Windsor Houndstooth I had made up. Enjoy the jacket, and post a pick when it’s completed.

WillingToLearn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cashmere for a SC heavier than 300g is getting into overcoating. I am currently looking at cashmere overcoating in 350g weight. Cashmere is warmer than wool at the same weight. Cashmere SC in cloth heavier than 300 will be too warm inside modern buildings.

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cashmere for a SC heavier than 300g is getting into overcoating. I am currently looking at cashmere overcoating in 350g weight. Cashmere is warmer than wool at the same weight. Cashmere SC in cloth heavier than 300 will be too warm inside modern buildings.

I have an 18/19 oz cashmere overcoat that wears like a dream! I believe the cashmere I sold to aristoi was around 12 oz.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads