• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ultimate noob thread - recommend me X in my wardrobe - post questions here please.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JLay87
Prob because I don't know any of that.
confused.gif

Take clothes that fit you well (or that fit the way you want them to), measure them, use those measurements as a guideline (remember that there will be variations in everyone's measurements and also variations in how people measure things, ex: some shoulder measurements will be done across the widest point of the back, some front, and some across the top). Alternatively, you could go to a tailor and have them take your measurements for you for a few bucks. And, of course, there's always a slight risk involved in everything, sometimes you'll just have to swallow the price of a mistake (here's looking at you, $50 Tim Hamilton hoodie)

AHShadow

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AHShadow
Any good recommendations for a cardigan with nice details in the 100-200$ range? Thanks!

Any help??

lemmywinks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nathan
Thinking of getting a new belt. I've done a search and I think I'll get one from either Corter, Unlucky or Hollows. Any opinions on their work?

Honestly they are all at similar price points and you can't really go wrong with one or another. They are all one man operations and deliver a pretty similar high quality product.

I have a wallet from unlucky and if I was to get a belt I would just get one from unlucky since I'm satisfied with my wallet. I've had the wallet for around 2 years and my only major complaint is that the wallet screwed up the mag strip on some of my cards, but I don't think you will have that problem with a belt.

Marbles29

Reaction score
Looking for a coat on the wallet-friendly side of $600 to keep me warm during the heart of a NYC winter. Here's the criteria -- decently cut and somewhat dressy, but don't hesitate to suggest anything cool that may be a criterion short. Bear in mind, I don't live in Northern Alberta so I needn't don 3 parkas for my mid-January shorty-prowling jaunts. Feedback much appreciated, Thanks!

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
how many useless threads are you going to start?

KitAkira

Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by clarksdb
lol, his avatar is funny though
bounce2.gif

I thought it said "looking for a goat" which would have made for a wonderful parody threak.

Marbles29

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
how many useless threads are you going to start?

No more than the amount of useless comments you make. I personally don't know what satisfaction people derive from calling out strangers on the internet when they create a thread not to their liking. My objective was to see if there was any alternatives to the A.P.C./ToJ coats I have been considering before making a big investment, and I appreciate the people who have made suggestions. Not that I didn't consult other threads, most notably the Ultimate Peacoat thread, but there's always the off-chance I missed something interesting. That being said, what douchey moderator relocated my thread? I've come across a fair amount of noob threads left untouched. Not that there is anything wrong with beginning a topic that someone had spoken about at one point in the past. If that were not the case, we'd run out of stuff to talk about quickly.

KitAkira

Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Are you, by any chance, marsupialed?

nathan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lemmywinks
Honestly they are all at similar price points and you can't really go wrong with one or another. They are all one man operations and deliver a pretty similar high quality product.

I have a wallet from unlucky and if I was to get a belt I would just get one from unlucky since I'm satisfied with my wallet. I've had the wallet for around 2 years and my only major complaint is that the wallet screwed up the mag strip on some of my cards, but I don't think you will have that problem with a belt.

Cool. Thanks.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Marbles29
No more than the amount of useless comments you make. I personally don't know what satisfaction people derive from calling out strangers on the internet when they create a thread not to their liking. My objective was to see if there was any alternatives to the A.P.C./ToJ coats I have been considering before making a big investment, and I appreciate the people who have made suggestions. Not that I didn't consult other threads, most notably the Ultimate Peacoat thread, but there's always the off-chance I missed something interesting. That being said, what douchey moderator relocated my thread? I've come across a fair amount of noob threads left untouched. Not that there is anything wrong with beginning a topic that someone had spoken about at one point in the past. If that were not the case, we'd run out of stuff to talk about quickly.

You started 6 useless outwear threads.

Goodbye.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

oops

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

There are lots of cool, fashion related topics. This was not one of them.

And, fwiw, the "douchey moderator" who relocated your thread was j, my partner here, and the senior administrator who founded this site. So, bye.

Fok.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads