• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Styleforum x Archibald Sneaker GMTO

NycLondon

Reaction score
White’s never boring! ? but you can find alternatives here
You have admit I am entitled to my own view.
Who wears whites shoes?
No one.
White trainers are pain, at best. Dirt is not their friend. Walk around Paris for a day, then you will see what I mean. A brown trainers works OK but still gets killed in Paris. White .... forgettabout it!!

OrlandoMo

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Is the styleforum run separate to the pre-orders available on your website?

Also is it possible to try on models for size in London or pay in sterling?
Hi,

Yes they are different! 2 different projects and different shoes. It is possible to pay sterling and other currencies according to where you're shopping from

Sneaky Pete

Reaction score
Ability to re-sole the shoe would be great.
Since the leather used will last much longer.

This 1000%. The main thing that stops me buying trainers and sneakers these days is their disposability. I am tempted by Crown as their sneakers are resoleable, but I don't really need them right now, at least not for £200. If these were resoleable I would be so much more likely to buy.

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You have admit I am entitled to my own view.
Who wears whites shoes?
No one.
White trainers are pain, at best. Dirt is not their friend. Walk around Paris for a day, then you will see what I mean. A brown trainers works OK but still gets killed in Paris. White .... forgettabout it!!

They look good on IG so in fantasy they're spotless and stylish.

CWV

Reaction score
Hey everyone just to provide an update here.

The survey will be open for another 10 days or so after which the results will be shared and we move into a discussion (the exciting part).

The more opinions we get before discussion the better everything will be so let's try and do a great push for the last part. This is about delivering you all something that will really sit as the ultimate pair of leather sneakers out there - a true community special.

What about the results? We want to know!

ArchibaldLondon

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Drum roll… the results are officially in!

Thank you all for participating in the survey, we were overwhelmed by the number of responses and we can’t wait to hear your thoughts and feedback as we enter phase 2. We see this as an iterative process, so contributions to the survey are still welcome and will supplement general discussion. Without further ado, below are the 4 most popular design feature combinations that will be made into samples by our craftsmen in Italy. We encourage discussion at this point- once again this is a complete collaboration, so if you think it would be interesting to go a different way or deviate from the original plan we are very open to new ideas!

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On the other hand, I do like the options on the suede version. Was hoping the masses would want more from the smooth leather makeups in terms of color.

EgoCamisas

Reaction score
I think it is a waste to have 3 white on white samples. Only because they are on fashion right now
It’s a real travesty the Kangaroo is offered in white...wth?

View attachment 1263577

I agree. I think a version in another colour would be nice, just to add some variation. I can understand that white won, but if many versions are going to be made, picking a second colour makes sense to me. I have already stated it, but I absolutely dig the anticato tan :p

ArchibaldLondon

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads