• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Japanese Bespoke Tailoring Thread

__k

Reaction score
I like Tailor Caid's double-breasted 4x2 blazer (example below), called the 'Newport blazer'.

I visited Tailor Caid recently and his 'newport blazer' caught my eye as well. The emerald lining is a nice touch.
newport.jpg

Started a sport coat in a lighter gray herringbone Harris Tweed at the recommendation of Yamamoto-san. A fun guy to chat with and immensely generous with his knowledge and time.
ht.jpg

Destination_Arubin

Reaction score
Dude that's so cool!

I've always thought that if I get anything from Tailor Caid that it would be a navy blazer, or a grey tweed herringbone sport coat, or maybe even a camel-coloured blazer.

Would love to know what details you chose! Classic sack suit cut with narrower lapels? Buttons? Pocket configuration? I like flapped patch pockets and I think I'd even get a patch chest pocket too.

__k

Reaction score
Would love to know what details you chose! Classic sack suit cut with narrower lapels? Buttons? Pocket configuration? I like flapped patch pockets and I think I'd even get a patch chest pocket too.
Went with the classic sack suit cut with 3-roll-2 button (I assume?) - I just asked for his house cut. We went with flapped patch pockets and chest patch pocket. Looking forward to the first fitting in a couple months.

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went with the classic sack suit cut with 3-roll-2 button (I assume?) - I just asked for his house cut. We went with flapped patch pockets and chest patch pocket. Looking forward to the first fitting in a couple months.

Definitely looking forward to see this one in progress, a jacket like that from Caid is on my short list if I ever pull the trigger on one of his USA visits.

Did he happen to mention if the Harris Tweed was from a particular bunch or producer? or was it just what he had in store there. I've also seen him post a lot of grey Donegal suits, curious if he uses Molloy, W. Bill, Magee or some other producer for those...

__k

Reaction score
Definitely looking forward to see this one in progress, a jacket like that from Caid is on my short list if I ever pull the trigger on one of his USA visits.

Did he happen to mention if the Harris Tweed was from a particular bunch or producer? or was it just what he had in store there. I've also seen him post a lot of grey Donegal suits, curious if he uses Molloy, W. Bill, Magee or some other producer for those...
No mention of which producer this Harris Tweed came from (and I failed to ask). I walked in knowing I wanted something made in a gray tweed and might have also mentioned herringbone. He pulled this out along with samples of Harris Tweed fabrics for this season from his preferred producer or importer.

We also looked at some shetland tweeds and he pulled out some thornproofs but this Harris Tweed just stuck. I was looking for something lighter since I generally choose darker fabrics and I liked the softer contrast between the two colors in this one. Yamamoto-san mentioned he tries to buy up as much of this fabric as he can when he sees it released. This biased me a fair bit as well.

I also live in the US but on the other coast. Agree the Armoury trunk show prices are a tough pill to swallow..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads